Am I?

Naomi's POV

That night was a long night.

I had to convince JC that there was nothing wrong with me over and over which tired me because every time I truly thought about what was wrong I became emotional. I decided to just lie, and tell her that all I wanted to tell her was that I would be interning with the firm I wanted, and had a big project working for Damien's father.

Truth be told I still hadn't made up my mind about interning or working anywhere near Andreas.

It had been a month since the whole horrible situation with Damien AND his father went down.

I had decided to leave Chicago and stay with my Aunt in NYC for a little while. Spring semester back at school had already started, but everything that happened over winter break left a horrible taste in my mouth.

I convinced my parents that I needed to take a little break from college, just for this semester to experience life a little bit. I never got the chance to take a gap year like I had planned after high school, so they understood. Thankfully my Aunt offered to let me stay with her in her loft.

I got a job at the F21 not too far away, and started working on my interior design portfolio in my free time. NYC gave me so much inspiration and a fresh new take on my designs.

The first week I disappeared, Damien and Andreas constantly blew up my phone non stop. Damien would text me threats upon threats which actually scared me and made me thankful to have a safe haven with my Aunt. My mother had told me she had seen Damien pull up to the house on a couple of occasions, but I knew he wouldn't harm them. It was me he wanted.

On the other hand Andreas' texts hurt me a little. I know I hurt him so much by just up and leaving him like that. Some days I wish I hadn't left... but then I remember how abusive Damien was becoming so I know I made the right choice.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts I find the energy to crawl out of my bed and start to get ready for my long day of work. The floor is cold but it wakes me up.

My stomach starts to rumble so I make my way over to the kitchen. I really don't know what I have a taste for so I just stand in the light of the refrigerator. Maybe I could make some bacon to eat I think to myself.

I immediately wish I didn't because I get the worst feeling in my stomach and my mouth starts to salivate but not in a good way. I start to become nauseous and the feeling intensifies.

I find my self running to the only bathroom in the loft and heaving into the toilet. Gripping the toilet I try to gather myself but I end up heaving again and emptying my stomach into the toilet bowl.

"Ewww" I whimper to myself and flush the toilet.

I find the energy to stand up and make it to the sink. Grabbing my tooth brush I rinse my mouth out and brush my teeth. I haven't thrown up in years what the h*ll did I eat last night? But then I remember I just went to sleep because I  had absolutely no apatite.

This is so weird. I look at myself in my reflection and push my big curls back over my shoulder. Staring at my reflection I can see that my eyes are puffy and so are my cheeks. I really need to get back into the gym I'm letting myself go.

I suck my stomach in and turn to the side and look my body over. I mean my cheeks are getting a little pudgy but ya girl is getting thick.

I decide to not eat breakfast and just get ready for work because I don't want to be late. 

Once I'm ready I speed out of the loft building and take the subway and get off at the block nearest to my job. Thank God no one harassed me today, which is rare.

"Hey Naomi!" I hear one of my coworkers say as I walk into the store.

"Hey Sarah" I say with a smile.

The music is loud in the store but I don't mind because they play some good songs. There isn't too many people shopping but I know once 1 o'clock hits we're going to be packed. I make my way to my locker and drop off my stuff and clock in and start off my long 8 hour shift. yay.

For the first couple of hours I busy myself with organizing my area and making sure I keep my
go-backs down. I actually don't completely hate working here. It gives me time to be in my thoughts and I love organizing things so it isn't pretty bad. The days Sarah, my only friend, isn't here are pretty boring but still bearable.

It's around 2 o'clock now and I'm so ready to go on my lunch break I just have to wait until my manager gives me the ok.

As if reading my mind my manager walks over and says "hey Naomi go ahead and take your break"

"Ok be back in 30!" I say with a smile on my face so ready to get out of here.

"Hey girl want to go to the market down the street?" Sarah says popping up behind me.

"You know it" I say giving her a smile.

We make our way to the back and get our bags.

"Ugh tell me why this one lady had the nerve to tell me to come up with a whole outfit for her to wear to some stupid event" Sarah starts to say.

I laugh and listen to Sarah as we make our way to the market down the street.

"Why does it have to be sooooooo cold" Sarah whines next to me.

"Hmmm i don't know maybe because we're in New York" I say laughing.

We finally make it to the market. I really have no idea what I want. The line isn't too bad so we just complain about work until we get to the cash register.

While Sarah is ordering I catch a view of the man behind the counter cutting the meat with a huge butchers knife. My stomach lurches automatically and I become nauseous.

Cutting Sarah off I yell at the cashier "where's the bathroom!"

"Ma'am we don't have a publ—" he starts to say but I become more sick.

"Please I need to go now!!" I scream.

He can tell that I'm going to be sick and his eyes widen. He runs over and lets up the counter that blocks customers from going to the back.

"Just go straight back and take a right you will see it." He says as I run to the back not waiting for him to finish his sentence.

I take the right as he said and I see the restroom. I run as fast as I can and fall to the ground throwing up into the nasty toilet. After heaving over and over I have no choice but to sit on the ground breathing hard. What is wrong with me I think to myself.

Do I have food poisoning or something? After minutes of just sitting go by I stand up and rinse my mouth out in the sink and fix myself.

I need to get back to Sarah, so I make my way to the front of the market to see Sarah standing near the door with a worried look on her face.

"Thank you" I say to the guy at the cash register and he just gives me a dismissive nod as he lets the counter up again to let me out.

"Hey girl are you ok? Did you throw up?" She asks.

"Um yeah I've been feeling sick I guess" I say holding my head and pushing my curls out of my face.

"Damn girl why you been throwing up? You pregnant or something?" She says as we walk back out into the biting cold.

I can't help but to have her question play in my head over and over. I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Am I pregnant?