Weird Feelings

Picture of the Krauskopf's home.

Damien's Father POV.

           On my way home from the studio I get a call from my wife , Dana, I accept the phone call keeping my eyes on the road .

"Hey Andreas, where are you?" I hear her say with annoyance in her voice.

" I'll be home in 15 . I'm on my way back from the studio" I say into the phone.

There's a pause I know me being at the studio so much annoys her but it's the only place these days that bring me peace.

"I'll be home in 15" I repeat to her.

" I heard you the first time" I hear her say "just hurry" I hear her sigh through the phone .

I run my fingers through my salt and pepper hair. I don't want to start anything with her for the sake of Damien and his new girlfriend .

"I picked you out some clothes for the dinner tonight" I hear her say.

"Thank you" I say strained. Followed by more silence .

"Ok Andreas... I'll see you when you make it home" she says. The phone call ends.

I sigh wishing things weren't so strained between us. It's been so long since we've been truly and honestly loving towards one another, and the reality of how far apart we've grown only settles in when we have to go to events and "act" the part. Acting like a loving couple is what hurts the most because it gives me a glimpse into what we used to have.

But nothing's the same now.

I pull into our homes driveway. Looks like I made it here quicker than I thought.

Getting out of the car I gather all my supplies into my satchel and start walking up to the front door of the house.

I grab my keys and open the door. I'm startled by the giggling and laughter I hear coming from the master bedroom. Once I close the door to the house I hear the giggling hush down a little.

"Ok. Bye. Call you later " I make out from my wife's voice in the distance.

I drop my satchel off in the kitchen corner and make my way to the master bedroom to get ready for tonight's dinner.

"Hey" I heard Dana say to me, I look over at her coming out of the bathroom.

"Did I hear you laughing?" I say curiously . "Haven't heard that beautiful laugh in a while"

She looks down avoiding my eyes and says " Yes that was me . I was just catching up with an old friend" she says walking out of the bedroom.

I decide not to press because that will only lead to an argument.

I see the clothes she's put out for me and smile. They're new clothes and look very nice. Seeing that Dana is already ready I decide to put on my new clothes.

I put on the grey/blue sweater and the stitching is very soft next I put on some dark colored almost black jeans and slip on some nice leather shoes.

I wonder what Damien's little girlfriend is going to be like. I sigh thinking about what happened to the last girlfriend he had. I don't know what's wrong with our son, but he can't keep his eye on one girl.

Maybe since he's decided to let us meet this one he's going to take her a little bit more seriously. When me and Dana were a young couple I never let my eye stray because I knew she was the one for me. I can't help but wonder where he got those tendencies from. Which brings me back to how Dana has been pretty suspect lately with all these calls she takes in the bathroom these days.