The Note

Picture of Andreas Krauskopf.

Naomi's POV

            Dinner was... something . I was so happy when it was over. The latter half of the dinner actually wasn't too bad except the fact that I had to fake being happy the whole time, but in hindsight it was a sh*t ton better than the first half of the dinner.

Damien's father generously paid for everyone's meals which I thought was sweet. I still don't know what to think of him.

I want to convince myself that he's just a protecting and overly caring person, but somehow I feel as if he doesn't treat everyone the way he treated me tonight.

As me and Damien get close to his car, I turn and wave at his parents who are waiting at the valet for their car.

I yell "Thank you for everything" to them and smile as I get into Damien's car.

As soon as I get into Damien's car my smile fades. I allow myself to fade deep into the comfortable passenger seat and close my eyes.

For a moment I feel at peace, but when I look over to the driver's seat I see that Damien is still outside. I lean over and look at him through the drivers window wondering what he's doing out there. I look in the direction that he's looking and crane my head to look out the back of the car. I see that his dad gestures him to come over.

"Hey babe give me a sec I'll be right back" Damien says cracking the drivers door open.

"Ok take your time" I say to him just before he closes his door.

I look out the back of the car again and see him run over to his Dad who is now standing outside of his car. I guess Dana has already gotten in.

I turn my head back to the front and close my eyes again. Before I can completely fall deep into bliss my phone buzzes.

I look down and see it's a text from JC. She asks 'how did the dinner go'.

I shake my head and text her back 'call you when I get home'.

Damien opens the door and gets in as I send the text to JC.

"Damn it's so cold out there" I hear Damien say as he starts up the car.

The heat immediately starts to blast on my face and I start to warm up.

"I know right" I say giving him a smile .

He starts to back the car out of the parking lot and proceeds to drive us from the resturant.

"So it's not too late, the night is still young" Damien says looking over at me. "You want to come back to my place?"

"Um. I'm actually really tired babe. Could you just take me home?" I say trying not to make him suspicious of my mood.

We get stopped at a red light and he looks over at me with a curious face.

"Are you ok? I think dinner went really well" he smiles. "I know my parents really liked you, and my father, he's usually quiet as f*ck, but tonight he actually seemed engaged in the conversation".

I give him a smile and say "yeah dinner was good , I'm just really tired, maybe some other time?"

He gives me a long stare and I see his face change. I don't have enough time to read him before the light turns green and he looks back at the road.

"Ok. I understand. I guess" he says saying the last part under his breath.

I don't think about it too deeply and just turn and look out my window. Not after long we end up at my neighborhood and I get excited about taking off my clothes and jumping in my bed.