- Intro -

**✿❀○❀✿**

Hey, my name is Mina and I am 15 years old. I have been in the orphanage for a little over nine years now, a very long time, I know. 

When I first came to the orphanage, I was rather quiet, and liked to keep to myself. Because of this,  the orphanage didn't know very much about my past life. However, once I got a bit more comfortable with my new lifestyle, I became a little more confident. Unfortunately, that didn't do me much good. 

No, I wasn't bullied. The girls all just told me what they were doing was toughening me up by kicking me, punching, pushing, shoving and calling me names. I have tried to tell our head Mistress about this many times. 

But the odd thing is, she said something along the same lines. You're too weak, she would say. You need to stand up for yourself and not be a tattle tale, she would lecture. From the very beginning, I could tell she didn't care about any of us. 

I came upon this orphanage, when I was around 5 years old. When I did, the Mistress didn't even want to take me in, as I didn't have anyone to sign papers. I tried to explain that my mum had told me she would be back, but after a whole night of waiting, I grew tired and scared. 

It was only for the reason that I was crying hysterically, that she even let me in. After a week, I found out I'd be there until my mother would come back. But after nine years, I  doubt that day will ever arrive.

Maybe three or four years ago, was when I really gave up all hope. I came to terms with the fact that....adults wouldn't want a teenager. And I was right. It was only ever babies, or toddles that were chosen. 

I mean, all they had to do was sit back and luck cute, which is easy for any little kid. But for us older ones, we had to talk, impress....and that was somewhat pressuring. If you say something they don't like, wear something they don't like, do anything they don't like, then you have little to no hope. 

Though, sometimes I do still hope there is someone out there ,who is waiting for me to come into their lives. But by then, I'm sucked right back into reality, as I know that only happens in fairy tales. 

**✿❀○❀✿**

A/N Keep in mind, this is an AU, so the ages and things that don't make sense in reality, are only for the purpose of my story. And I apologise in advance if it would confuse any of you in the future. I just decided to change a few things or switch them around to suit the story.

And the beautiful cover, is by Ustaethicc  ~!!

- Edited - 07/10/20 -