Chapter 3

**✿❀○❀✿**

I waited for only a second or two, before I heard the door lock being fiddled with. The door opened, revealing a man probably in his early 20's. As I saw him, my heart sank.

"Hello?" He said, obviously confused as to why I was here. I could only sigh, as my eyes wondered away from him, and towards the door.

"Oh, sorry, I think I got the wrong house. I was expecting someone else...." I explained, with clear disappointment in my voice.

"Well, can I help you?" The man said sympathetically, as he noticed the sadness in my tone of voice.

"No no, I'm sorry that I bothered you..." I whispered, and with that I turned and left. I wasn't really surprised, but I was still upset. I mean I guess I was still hoping....

I walked out of there and just kept walking forward, regularly looking up from the ground and remembering some of my surroundings, so I could retrace my steps back to the orphanage before it gets too late.

I was getting a little hungry, so I went towards this well known restaurant in the area, for my lunch. Unnie gave me quite a lot of money, so I could have a really nice lunch! I walked up to the building, and slowly opened the door, hearing a little bell go off.

A waitress then quickly walked up to me, finding me a seat. While I walked, I looked around my surroundings a little. It was actually more of a cafe, than a restaurant really. Once I had reached a table I sat down, and finally relaxed.

I looked at the menu and saw so many things, most of which, I haven't even heard about before. Me being a terribly indecisive person, I didn't have a clue of what I should pick. One of the waiters, I assumed, came over to the table while I was in my own little world of making this small decision.

"Are you ready to order?" The young man asked, and I looked up as I heard the voice. I recognised him immediately. Even if I don't talk to many people, I always remember a face.

"Ummm, could I just have a few more minutes?" I asked quietly, as I shyly smiled up at him. He furrowed his eyebrows a bit, before tilting his head back a bit, while giving a light chuckle.

"You're Mina right?" He queried, as I nodded my head lightly.

"Yeah, and you are?" I asked, without even thinking to look at his name tag. That probably would've been easier.

"I'm Yeon, I'm in 4th year, in the same school as you actually!" He said, as he sat down across from me, while extending his arm out for a handshake.

"I'm in third year, nice to meet you." I said, as I shook his hand. I could feel my face heating up slightly, and tried my best to ignore it, even though I knew he noticed I was blushing.

"We've seen each other a couple of times before, haven't we?" He asked, as once again, I nodded.

"I think so...." I replied, showing a soft smile.

"So, do you need help choosing what to pick?" He asked, with a warm smile spread over his face.

"Yeah, I've never been here before...." I said, while looking down at the ground.

"Well, I would suggest the Naengmyeon. That's our chef's specialty." He said proudly, as he pointed to it on the menu.

"Okay then, I'll go for it." I agreed, as I really had no other options, knowing very few other dishes on this menu.

"Perfect, I'll have someone bring it out for you went its done!" He said happily, as he took the menu, starting to walk away. And what I did next, was something I never expected myself to do.