Chapter 39

»»————- ✼ ————-««

I walked up to my favourite place in the world....my home. And when I say home, I'm not talking about the apartment I now live in. I'm talking about the apartment where I shared my best memories, with the best people. 

I quickly made my way to the front door, and loudly knocked on it. Expecting to wait there for at least more than ten seconds, I was surprised to see the door open up only a few seconds later.

'Mina!! You're here!' Hoseok's loud, and cheerful voice sang, as soon as the door became ajar. I smiled widely, as Hoseok wrapped his arms around me in a hug. 

'I'm happy to see you too.' I stated, with a light giggle, while Hoseok continued to hug me. 'You know, it's only been a week or so...' 

'Well that's far too long for me!' He stated, finally letting go of me, so I could enter the house. I stepped in, and was immediately met with Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin. 

'You heard Hoseok, I'm guessing?' I asked, as they all nodded their heads, and went in for a hug. I hugged them all in turn, before Yoongi walked down the stairs. 

'Ah, you're here. I heard Hoseok shouting, about something....' He stated, in a tired voice, while giving a light yawn. 'I need a hug too.' 

'I knew you'd miss me.' I said quietly, as I walked towards the stairs. I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly. Luckily, he didn't keep me captive for as long as Hoseok, so I was free to go in a minute or two. 

'So what brings you here?' Jimin asked, as I turned back to the others. I sighed lightly, as I thought about what I was going to tell them. 

'A few things, really.....' I finally said, releasing yet another sigh. 

'That doesn't sound good...' Yoongi said, as I turned back to show him a smile, while shaking my head gently. 

'I'm doing fine, I just missed you all.' I said, as I got another hug from Hoseok. 

'You didn't open your present yet, did you?' Hoseok asked, as I quickly shook my head. 'That makes sense then.' 

'Now I really want to!' I playfully whined, hearing a few chuckles. Luckily, my birthday is just two days away!

'Oh! I got us a new game, you have to play it with us!' Taehyung suddenly said, and just at that both Jimin and Jungkook joined in the pleading. I giggled a little, before nodding my head yes. 

Taehyung took my hand, about to lead me to the living room, to play the game with them. But before we even took two steps, we were stopped by Hoseok. 

'Hey, you guys wouldn't mind giving me a few minutes alone with Mina?' Hoseok asked, turning to the others. 

'But-

Jungkook began to protest, but one look from Yoongi made him stop. He nodded his head lightly, as he and the others retreated into the living room, while Yoongi made his way back up the stairs. 

'How about we talk in your room?' Hoseok asked me, as I quickly nodded my head. I already know what he wants to talk to me about. 

I followed Hoseok up to my room, as he opened the door for me. I was happy to see my room just the way I had left it. Well, apart from the obvious fact, that I wasn't in it. 

'So...where's Namjoon and Jin?' I asked, as I sat down on my bed. Hoseok closed over the door, before joining me. 

'They'll be around soon, and I'm sure both will be ecstatic to see you!' Hoseok stated, as I nodded my head in agreement. Suddenly, both of us became silent, neither knowing how to start the conversation. But eventually, Hoseok spoke up, breaking the silence. 'Do you want to explain what's bothering you?' 

'Yes...and no.' I replied, thinking back to everything that has happened to me, in just the past year alone. 'I don't know what to say....' 

'Well, let's start off by what was bothering you, when I called.' He suggested, as I nodded my head in agreement. 

'I guess, it just isn't the same.' I finally said, knowing that was the simplest answer I could give. 'I don't feel at home, not like here. I feel happy here, I feel like I'm with my family here.' I paused a little, before continuing on. 

'But there, I'm just...' I paused again, trying to think of the most suitable thing to say, to explain how I feel regarding all of this. 'When I'm here, with all of you guys, I feel like I'm living my life, and enjoying it. But when I'm with my father, I only feel as though I'm existing....' 

'I know it might be difficult to understand, but that's the only way I can explain it.' I finished, thinking of how confusing that must be. I chuckled a little, as in my head, I replayed what I just said. 'I sound silly, don't I?' 

'Not at all...' Hoseok replied, giving me a small hug. 'I understand what you're saying. But the question is....what are going to do about it?' 

I thought for a moment, and was about to answer. But a knock was suddenly heard, so my attention went to the door. In just a second or two, the door opened, revealing Namjoon and Jin. I didn't even think about moving, but my body instantly got up, and ran to the door. 

'I missed you both!' I stated, as I ran into their arms, giving them both a hug. We stayed there for a while, before I decided to eventually let go. 

'What brings you here?' Jin asked, going back for another hug. I hugged Jin tightly, as I thought about my answer. I know what to do

'I want to come back here, and stay with you all.' 

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N I just noticed I'm updating a lot more regularly now...so weird. But I guess that's a good thing...or maybe a bad thing, since the story is nearly over....

Either way, I hope you guys like this chapter! Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments, because I really enjoy reading them! Have an amazing day/night, I purple you!! 💜💜💜