Chapter 33

»»————- ✼ ————-««

I took a deep breath in, as I looked up to Namjoon and Jin. We were only a few steps away, from the door to my orphanage. I can't even remember how we got here...

One minute I had made my decision, and chose where I thought would be the best. And the next day I ended up here, because my father said he wanted to see me. 

'Mina, are you alright?' Namjoon asked, as I slowly nodded my head. 'A bit scared?' 

'A little, yeah.' I admitted, and we finally stood in front of the front door. Jin rang the bell, and we waited for it to open. 

'Everything will be alright, don't worry.' Jin reassured me, with a strong smile. I too showed a smile, however weak it may have been, and gave a single nod of my head. 

Then suddenly the door became ajar, revealing a woman I had never seen before. I looked up to Jin and he nodded, as if telling me I could go in. I did as instructed, and walked into the building, with him and Namjoon following behind. 

'Mrs. Choi has been waiting in her office for you all.' The woman said as she opened up the door, leading us inside. I didn't move however. I didn't know if I really wanted to see the man, that was behind it. 

'Mina, you'll be fine. I promise. If you don't like anything, or change your mind, we'll take you back in a heartbeat.' Namjoon said, upon noticing I stood my ground. But after that, I loosened up enough to walk through the door. 

And immediately, I was met with the face of a man. My father, I think. I mean, he did look a little bit like me. Well technically, I should say I looked a bit like him. He and I both shared the same eyes shape, and my nose looked exactly like his...

'Ah, you're all here.' I heard Mrs. Choi finally say. Jin and Namjoon both greeted her, and the man too. Though I stayed silent, and motionless. 

'Mina....' The mans voice said, in a calm tone. He shone a caring smile, as he advanced towards me. I don't know why, but every step he took towards me, made me step backwards, in sync with him. 'Sorry.' 

He uttered, and stood still in one spot, upon noticing my actions. I didn't know whether or not to apologise also, or just say 'it's okay' in return. But thankfully, I didn't have to open my mouth, for someone else began to speak. 

'Well, we all know why we're here. Mina this is your father, Lee Jin Ho.' Mrs. Choi stated, gesturing to the man in front of me. 

'Hey kiddo.' He simply said, which instantly caught me off guard. I didn't expect him to be so laid back, on our first interaction. But that might just be the type of person he is

'Hello.' I replied, sounding more formal than I had intended to. Both of us stood there for a few seconds, just looking at each other. But it soon became a bit uncomfortable, for me anyways. So I looked to Namjoon, for a little help. 

'So what do you intend to do, now that Mina's here.' Namjoon quickly asked, as soon as he got my hint. My father's (It's pretty weird to say that, after so long of not knowing he was even alive...) eyes left mine, and met Namjoon's. 

'I'd like to take her back.' He stated confidently. I can't explain how I felt, once I heard those few words leave his mouth. I was expecting it, but not so suddenly. I didn't know if I had to be happy, upset, angry. It all became a bit much for me. 

'Of course due to the circumstances, it will be Mina's choice in the end, that determines where she goes.' I heard a familiar voice say. I turned to look behind me, from where I heard the voice. And I saw Nina Unnie, resting casually on the door frame. 

'Unnie!' I said, and without even thinking twice, I ran up and hugged her.  

'It's nice to see you too.' She replied, hugging me back even tighter. 

'You're interrupting us.' Mrs. Choi stated, and I immediately let go of Unnie, for I heard the anger in her voice. 

'No, I'm merely adding to it. You and Mr. Lee are both acting as if Mina has already made up her mind. But you haven't once asked Mina for her opinion.' Nina Unnie stated, in an almost serious tone of voice. 

'Fine then. Mina, what is it you want?' Mrs. Choi asked, or rather demanded, and all eyes fell on me. 

'Will you give her some time!' Unnie said, raising her voice. 

'I'd like to just see what it's like, with my father.' I said, after taking a few minutes to think. 

'Well Miss Nina, what do you propose she does now?' Mrs. Choi asked, as if mocking Unnie for taking lead. 

'How about you stay stay with Mr. Lee, your father, for a week or so and see how you like it?' Unnie asked looking directly at me, ignoring her mother. 

'Perfect, I'll take her to see my place now. Then she can have a good first impression of it, before getting her stuff.' My father stated. I noticed Unnie rolling her eyes, but then giving me a small smile. 

'Okay then.' I agreed. I saw my father's face light up, as he walked towards the door. I too walked behind him, and though to the hallway. 

I looked back at Namjoon and Jin, giving them a small wave. I know I'll be going back, I have to get all my belongings after all. But, it was difficult to go somewhere new, without them by my side, even though I know for sure I'll get to see them again. 

It's different, and I'm not sure how to feel about it yet. But for now, I don't want to think about that. For now, I want to focus my attention on my father and I. I want to know him a bit better, at least a little bit, before I completely make up my mind. 

»»————- ✼ ————-««

A/N Oh my, you guys...We're at 7K reads!! Like, how even- You all are the best!! Thank you for sticking around and reading this, I truly appreciate it!! (I even decided to make a new cover, to sort of celebrate!) 

As I finished off this chapter, I myself, thought the book sounded like it was finished. But no, not yet!! There's still a good few updates to come!! 💕

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I purple you!! 💜💜