A Builder?

Once I was introduced to everyone, they started finding out what job I would be good for, I listened to all of them and most of them sounded boring, until I herd about the Runners, I knew I wanted to be that. Automatically I looked at Minho, "since your the leader of the runners, can I be a runner?"

"No." He responded flat out.

"Why?"

"You tried to run out on your first day, we're not trusting you to go run it."

I sigh and roll my eyes as Ably walked over to me. "So, what are you good at?"

I shrug not remembering a lot about myself before this happened "I'm not to sure but I'm smart and notice a lot of things, so if that helps anything."

"Are you a good medic."

I once again shrug not really caring but knowing that I should answer him. "I guess, I remember a few things and anything I don't know I guess I could learn."

He thought for a second before walking away not saying anything. I raised an eyebrow at him before a loud smashing noise echoed in my ears. I stood up and looked around and saw some people building what looked like it was meant to be a house or a shed.

I looked closer and saw that they didn't tie the ropes tight enough and they layered the wood wrong, before I even understood what I was doing I was moving closer to the builders.

"What are you doing?" I heard Minho ask behind me.

I ignored him when I saw one of them was about to climb onto the building to test it. I ran grabbing his arm before he could, he looked at me a faint pink dusting his cheeks. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked snapping him out of his trance.

"I was testing the structure of the building."

I rolled my eyes "I can tell you right now, if you walk on that, it will fall."

"What are you talking about?"

I roll my eyes, it feels like with these boys, I'll be doing that a lot. "The ropes, they're to loose and the integrity of the structure is a futile attempt."

His eyes widen and he looked at me calling Alby over. I let out a sigh seeing how they weren't going to fix it, I went under and shifted the rafters around tightening the ropes and securing the structure.

I pulled out from under the hut and shook out my hair. Alby and the builder stared at me in shock, and then Alby did something I didn't expect he smiled and nodded at me "screw the medic, you were made to be a builder Dagger."

I looked at him confused "a builder?"

"Yea, you build things."

I looked at the hut and just nodded "yea, I can do that."

He nodded again and walked off to where Gally was waiting. I turned back to Minho and smiled "apparently I wasn't meant to be a runner."

He looked at me and smiled standing up, "no, you were meant to be a runner" was all he said before walking off.

What is that suppose to mean? I thought looking at him as he walked off into the distance.

Thanks for reading peps

Edited 7/29/15