Breaking Free?

I am going into book three in this chapter, so if you haven't read it, SPOILERS! K read on peps

________________________

The car ride was short and quiet. When we arrived to the facility I hopped out of the car smiling taking the Launcher, "thanks for the ride" I said and shot her in the chest taking her keys.

I walked to the front door and slid the card. I walked inside and looked around holding my Launcher at my side, the pistols strapped to my hip and my thigh. When I saw a guard, I shot, no questions asked. I was walking around for about twenty minutes looking for my room again. I rolled my eyes when I passed a door. Then stopped dead in my tracks. I saw Rat Man sitting talking to an angry group of Gladers. That's when he looked up and spotted me. He made an excuse and walked out the door. Crap I thought and started running down the halls. My breathing didn't change, only got a tiny bit heavier as my heels clicked against the concrete surface. I stopped when I got to a white door. I was confused by it. I thought I remembered it so I slowly opened the door.

"Emily?" I asked looking at the girl sitting on the bed.

"Dagger?" She looked up and saw me. She jumped to her feet and looked around "where are the guards?" She asked confused.

"Please, they're weak, it was easy getting past them." I looked behind me listening to the sound of footsteps getting closer "we need to move, you coming?"

She laughed and smiled "of course I will."

She followed me as I walked to a random room. "Stay out here and tell me if you see anyone. I can't stress that word enough."

She nodded and I walked into the room. I grabbed some extra bullets and Launchers. I walked out and saw her waiting. "Here" I said handing her one of the Launchers. "Do you know how to use this?"

She looked at turning it around and around. "No." She stated simply.

I rolled my eyes. "You aim it at someones chest or back then you pull the trigger. If you shoot the head it is going to kill the person. So make sure your aim is good."

She looked at the gun and nodded.

I started running and she followed me, her breath getting getting louder and louder by every passing step. I stopped and looked at her. Her face was slightly flushed standing out against her dirty blond hair. "Are you okay?" I asked looking at the girl.

"I'm fine" she said through heavy breaths.

I laughed and rested my back against wall. "Yea, alright. I need to make it to my room." I looked at the door with the keypad and quickly slid the card and walked inside. I grabbed some control chips and a few pages of data along with a knife and then walked out the door. "You ready, we need to make it to the Bergs (Someone correct me if I'm spelling this wrong)." She nodded and followed me as I made my way to where the Bergs were.

I peaked over the side at someone I didn't know but I guessed he was a pilot. I ignored him and looked past his shoulder to see three guards. I turned to face Emily "so what's the plan?" She asked looking at me.

"There is a pilot in there. I'm okay with hurting a guard but, it's different some of these people used to be my friends even if I don't remember everything."

She nodded "then what do we do?"

I sighed running my hand across my face. "I don't really know" I said taking another look "but Rat Man saw me so he should be here soon, we might just want to take our chances and. . ." I was cut off by an alarm. Crap, did they find us already? I thought looking around.

"What is that noise?" Emily asked looking at me.

"I don't know but I think we might want to take our chances in there" I yelled throwing my head in the direction of the room.

She nodded and we walked in. I saw the pilot run out to the door looking for something. The guards turned to us and I heard bullets being fired. Electric shock popping the sound filling the air. I saw more guards come out. All armed with Launchers pointed towards us. I instinctively wanted to reach down to grab the knife I had hiding in my ankle but I decided to leave it. I looked and saw some people fire. Emily hit the ground electricity flowing through her body. I got mad, she was my friend. I aimed the Launcher at them, I fired a few rounds hit some people and they fell to the ground. Most missed me shooting at random. That's when I felt something land into my chest. Electric waves pulsed through my body shocking me. I once again hit the ground my body shaking. This was worse than the first time I got shot. There was something about it that made it hurt more. That's when I realized, I was shot, not once, but twice. Once in my chest and the other in my back. I saw Emily's eyes close and the same happening to me. The world started fading as I once again descended into the darkness.