Building The Grievers

I tapped Janson "I remember" was all I said looking at him.

He looked at me raising an eyebrow "what?"

"I remember, everything."

He looked at me confusion quickly turning into anger. "What do you mean when did you remember" he snapped.

I looked at him refusing to move an inch "oh zip it Rat Man, I told you I remember my training and things about WICKED so don't snap at me and just shut up."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a inhuman type of growl. "I can't deal with you right now" he said letting out a sigh "you see that man?" He pointed to a man with slicked back greasy blond hair and hazel eyes. "Go over and bug him."

I rolled my eyes and approached the man. I tapped his shoulder "hello sir" I said sticking my hand out.

He turned around shocked but then smiled shaking my hand "hello, you must be Amy Heart, it's nice to meet you. My name is Kevin Alester. Are you here for your blueprints?"

"Please call me Dagger. What blueprints are you talking about?"

"Well Dagger," he turned around grabbing some paper work before walking away, motioning for me to follow him. I walked keeping up with him as he started taking again. "The blue prints are the ones for the final Variable in the second trial. You have to make on and we will do the same thing with the last time. You only need to make one and we'll copy."

He opened the door to a room and I stepped inside. He closed the door behind me not walking in himself but I was to transfixed to the walls. Sheets of metal, fabric, and drawings hanging from the walls.

I walked closer to the drawings and saw something that filled me with horror. Grievers. They looked like they had been sketched quickly onto the paper in a lot of detail. There were wires resting on the benches along with a few prototypes. There was no mistaking it. These were the Grievers from the maze. I bent down and picked up a prototype of the spiky creature. Memories once again flooded back to me.

I was sitting the this room drawing. I was sketching the creatures and drawing numbers corresponding with different types of metal and fabrics. After the last design I pinned it up and smiled moving to a prototype and adding a few more things to it. I seemed about ten maybe eleven. Why was I so young? I thought glancing at the little girl who laughed as she stuck another arm onto the Griever's body.

I looked down at the blueprints that Kevin handed me and saw it had plans for a new Griever, that's what he said, right?

They were large creatures that looked like they planed to have blades sticking out of every place possible. They had no face but, in my opintion, didn't need them. They also had bulbous orbs protruding from their body in every place possible that seemed to be linked to their power source. But, out of the whole . . . monsters should I call them. The thing that interested me the most was the fact that they were in black and white so that I could choose the colors.

I was about to start building some prototypes and picking out some color splotches but I couldn't help but think that these things are going to be made to harm group A and most likely group B. But then again, they didn't care about me so . . . so why should I care about them?

I took a deep breath and shook clear my head before walking over to the many colorful fabrics and sifting through the colors. I looked at some of the notes I was given, the ones that were handed to me with the blueprints. They told me how big they wanted the animals, how many bulbs they wanted on each one, and where they were going to be used.

The Desert.

The words called out to me praying to be used. The first thing that I thought about was warm colors. I sorted through the colors until I found yellows, reds, and bright oranges.

I pulled out a couple colors and took a black marker quickly scribbling numbers on the patches of colors. I pinned them to the wall and started working.

After about 20 minutes the dress kept getting caught and anything and everything so I threw a little fit and grabbed some scissors and a needle. I cut it up and stitched some stuff together. It looked better than I expected, a lot better. I mad shorts and a top. I quickly got back to work.

I don't know how long I was in the room for but I sketched 16 different drawings, 4 prototypes, and a outfit for me because these dresses aren't going to do it for me.

The door was pulled open and I spun around and faced Kevin again. I sighed and stood up "what is it Mr. Alester?"

"It's almost midnight, you need to eat something and sleep before you crash. We trained you well but you're still just a kid that can crash."

I rubbed my eyes and nodded standing up and walking to the door. I walked through the door and to go get some food but a thought came to mind. The boys are going to be going through the Flat Trans tomorrow. I grabbed a piece of pizza and bit into it surprised by how hot it was. I looked at the door that would lead to where group A was staying. Yea, that's going to suck for them. I thought and walked to my room slamming the door shut behind me.