Meeting Emily Crown and Under Control

I woke up in a daze. I couldn't remember a time where my head had throbbed so much and right now I didn't want to. I rolled onto my stomach and pushed myself up. I ran my hand across my face and let out a loud groan. "I need some aspirin."

"I will to if you keep that complaining up."

I was shocked by the sudden voice. I looked around the all white room but only found a single door and two beds. "Hello?" I asked confused still looking around.

A girl came out from a dark corner in the room. She was a little shorter than me with dirty blond hair and bright green eyes. "Hi, my name is Emily Crown" she said sticking her hand out to me.

I shook her hand "Dagger."

"Is that your real name?" She asked looking at me.

I laughed stretching out my soar muscles. "No, but it's what people call me."

"Oh, well, nice to meet you Dagger."

"Do you know where we are?" I asked getting right to the point.

"I don't know where we are exactly but we're somewhere they keep Rebels."

"Rebels?" I asked confused by the term she was using.

"Yea, people like you and me are what WICKED calls Rebels. There aren't a lot of us but the Rebels who make it they want to terminate as quickly as possible."

"Oh." I said still not completely understanding what she was saying. "Well, I'm not going to sit here and wait for them to come back."

The door clicked and was pulled open reveling Janson waiting with several guards "to late for that" Emily said glancing at me.

"Thanks for that. Really. Means a lot."

"You have two days before group A and B should make it to Safe Haven. Have you learned your lesson?"

I was about to snap at him when I remembered something "wait, how long has it been since you shot me?"

He thought for a second "it took about a week for us to alter the chip. And then two days to make sure you were still living and then you've been here the rest of the time."

"I've been out for all that time!" I yelled confused by the matter.

"Okay, are you going to come and work with us or are things going to have to get" he paused which I didn't know if it was for dramatic affect or if he was just trying to think of the right word, "difficult."

"Yea, you're going to have to drag me out screaming. I'm not going to help you willingly, are you kidding me?" I said looking at him.

I felt Emily move closer to me. She looked at me wearily like I had a death wish. "Fine." Was all he said on the matter.

Everything blurred for a second and then came back into focus. But when it did, it was all encased in a black circle with a mist seeming to have come out of thin air. Then I started walking forward. Against my will. What the hell? I tried to yell but nothing came out. I just kept walking forward unable to control my body. What are you doing to me? I screamed inside my head.

He cleared his throat and adjusted his suit. "I know you're probably trying to ask what were doing or what's going on. The answer to your question is your brain chip is allowing us to control you."

I tried to fight it, I tried to pull away from the grasp on my mind but I couldn't seem to break away. I wanted to scream. To stop but I couldn't move my own body. I walked surprisingly in fluid gentle motions and not robotic motions like I would have thought. I walked out the door everyone of my muscles yelling at me to fight it. I once again struggled to gain control and stumbled forward falling to the ground. Two of the guards behind me picked me up and I once again walked against my will. I walked into a room and saw Adam along with about 29 other monsters. All of them were powered down, well, all of them except Adam.

"Power . . . " I paused trying to fight the words as they came out ". . . On" they finally made me say.

All the monsters turned on shifting with the movement. "In. . . . The. . . . Cages" I once again was forced to say. I watched as the beasts lumbered into place shifting with the weight they went into. "Shut. . . . . . . Down" unlike my movements my words sounded forced and robotic. I'm guessing if I allowed them control my voice would be smoother.

Kevin walked into my line of vision waving his hands in front of my face. "Okay, we shouldn't need you until the groups get to Safe Haven. So bye bye" he said.

I was confused of what he meant. But I started to understand when I was dragged into the black abyss of dreamless slumber.