You Have to be Kidding Me

I took a step back looking at the many buildings that I had to fix thanks to the other brainless builders. I wiped some sweat off my forehead "maybe being a med-jack would've been easier."

"What are you mumbling Dagger?" Alby asked looking at me, I was happy he called me Dagger instead of those weird names that they would call each other.

I shook my head "are you sure that I'm a builder?"

He looked at me somewhat confused "yea, why?"

I sigh "I feel like I'm more of a, what did you call it, a bricknick, and I say this because I'm not building things, more fixing the stuff the Gally messes up."

He laughed and nodded his head "I guess you are, but what ever your doing, you're good at it."

I tugged up the gloves that I was wearing and nodded "thanks Alby" was all I said before walking and peering into the maze, I still wanted to go in but Minho wouldn't let me, he said it was because he couldn't trust me but I felt he had other reasons to keep me out of the maze. They still wouldn't tell me what was really out there, all they told me was that they were called grievers and that was all I was allowed to know.

"Hey Alby" I said as he started to walk away.

"What is it Dagger?"

"Can I go in the maze."

This made him freeze, he visibly tensed up at my statement "no."

"But what if I . . ."

"No."

"Will you let me finish."

"Fine."

"What if I go with Minho."

He paused for a second before answering "fine, but he has to agree, you go durning the day and you stay with him the whole time."

I roll my eyes "you're not my mom you know."

This time he rolled his eyes "you want to go or not?"

"Fine, thanks Alby."

He just nodded and I walked off going over to Minho who was about to leave to go running with some of the others. "Hey Dagger" he said seeing me.

"Hey Minho, I was wondering. . ."

"No."

"Oh come on, will you listen to me first."

He adjusted his shirt "fine."

"You are just like Alby I swear" I mumbled "I was wondering if I could go on a run with you, Alby said it was okay."

"No."

"You have to be kidding me, why not?"

"Because I said so" he said throwing his bag over his shoulder before walking away.

I stared, completely shocked what the hell did I do?