Infected

~Emilys POV~

I was sitting in front of the blond kid waiting for him to say something. I still didn't know his name so I decided to take it into my own hands "so, what's your name?" I ask. He looked surprised that I could talk.

"My name's Newt, and you are?"

"Emily" I answered "so how do you know Dagger" I asked kind of confused of how she would know him.

He looked down and grimaced "we" he paused as if it was really hard for him to talk about "we were in the maze and then she came around, she made herself known really quick especially to Minho, he really likes her."

I laughed "it's funny to think anyone could fall for her" I laughed "she seems a little. . ."

"Harsh?"

"Yea, that's a better way to put it" I laughed.

I moved a little closer to him and he moved a little closer to me. "So?" He questioned looking at me.

"So?"

"I feel like I have to tell you something" he said looking down.

I smiled "yea, what is it?"

"I have the Flare" he said looking up at me.

For some reason what he said just hurt, like I'd been stabbed in the chest. I couldn't hold myself back. I ran over and hugged him wrapping my arms around his neck. "It's okay" I said the only thing that came to mind.

"No it's not, I'm dying" he chocked out.

I pulled back and looked into his brown eyes. I felt my heart beat faster. He leaned in closer to me and I leaned in closer to him. And that's when the door of the hanger crashed open. We both jumped back and turned to see people with masks. They came in and forced us to take tests. Newt tested positive for the Flare but then again. So did I.