Into the Maze

The Griever I named Kevin ran faster and faster, everything around me started to blur because of the speed. He jumped around seeming to forget that I was on his back, everything was shaking, my head was pounding trying to take in all of the things that are happening.

And then, Kevin stopped causing me to fall off and smash my back on the ground "what the hell Kevin" I groaned standing up and facing the blood thirsty creature.

I rubbed my head and sat up realizing the Griever took me to a large gapping hole. I started down into it only to feel a slight nudge from Kevin. I took a step away from the ledge. "Are you crazy, I'm not going down there" I said to the pudgy beast before me. But he wasn't taking no for an answer, he nudged me again, this time slightly harder to the edge. I fell on my but again shaking my head "you're really trying to kill me aren't you?" I say fear lacing my words.

I watched as he kicked ruble around us down the gaping area in the floor, it disappeared, and I don't mean the normal, it faded out into the dark obis, I mean it disappeared as in poof, it's magic. My eyes widen and I lean in closer to get a better look, Kevin taking this opportunity to fully shove me off. Suddenly I felt like a bedtime story from a long time ago, except instead of a rabbit, I was tumbling down a Griever hole.

Kevin followed me like the good little lap dog that he is pushing me forward slightly until I come to a room. I glance around cautiously seeing a glass window in front of me doctors, nurses, and everyone in between watching me closely. I frowned until I heard footsteps and a door opened wide for me, a soldier of sorts ushering me away from Kevin and into the unknown.

I was walking down a hallway glancing around cautiously every now and then until I stopped at a door.

He lead me to a room that had a blond woman waiting for me. She smiled when she saw me, sort of like she knew me, that's when it hit me.

My eyes widened.

Run, run!

The words rang in the back of my head, I saw the sun coming over the horizon, burning everything, I heard my mom scream, telling me to run, telling me to help save everyone.

Everything started tipping and spinning like a broken carnival ride. I reached out to grab something but was only met with air, everything started to fade into black as I struggled to hold on. But before I knew it, I was on the ground the whole world distant.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Somewhat edited 10/1/15