Safe?

I was in the room they put me in and I was waiting, bored, but at the same time trying to wrap my head around the fact that I was meant to be a test for the boys in the maze.

What kind of test was I supposed to be? Am I really human? Am I really Safe?

Just as I thought that, someone burst through my door, he had a gun and was wearing armor.

He looked at me confused and asked a question "are you working for WICKED?"

"No, I'm just an experiment."

He looked at me and nodded his head "good, then you can come with us, don't worry, we'll keep you safe."

There it that word again Safe why does everyone keep telling me that? Am I really going to be safe? I doubt I will be.

I just nodded and followed him as he walked me past the bloody dead bodies. I stared at the bodies feeling a bit sad for them, I don't think it was really their fault that they were here, just like it wasn't my fault that I was stuck here.

They lead me out of the lab and into the soft sandy ground and into a helicopter.

He opened the door for me and I got in as he walked around to the drivers seat. The man on the other side of me pulled his mask off and nodded at me, "you're okay now, you're safe, can you tell us your name?"

I looked up confusion set on my features. My eyes narrowed and I looked out the window at the maze that was now underneath me.

"My name is. . ." I paused looking back at the man "Dagger."