I'm Done With You

I finally finished making the burning ball of silver, Blob. But the whole time I was making it I couldn't stop thinking of what Kevin said or we'll make you. What did it mean, they couldn't really make me do something against me will, right? RIGHT?

I shook my hair out, of course they couldn't control someone. I was just going crazy. I sighed and picked Blob up using special gloves so I wouldn't burn myself. I lifted in up sticking a chip in it like I did to Adam. The one in my throat burned as I did so but I ignored the pain having gotten used to it. The chip flashed red shinning out past the silver of the ball. It flashed green and then stopped beeping. I dropped it to the ground and it hardened landing with a thud. It started rolling around making an oddly loud noise. Then it turned into a gel like goo and flew into the air deifying gravity. I turned back to Adam looking at him "I'll be back, shut down" he did as he was told and went into sleep mode. "Blob" I said turned back around. "Follow me" and with that the ball landed on the ground and rolled after me.

I walked the souls of my shoes giving off a slight clicking sound as I made my way to the screening room. I opened the door feeling oddly in sink with this place already. The ball rolled in as I held the door open for it. I snapped my fingers and it started floating in the air. "Done" I said sounding ticked, which in fact, I was.

Janson was the first to step up. He reached out to touch it "I wouldn't do that" I said in a sing song voice.

He didn't listen to me and put his hand on the floating orb. I heard a sizzle and then Janson jumped back waving his hand back and forth "what the hell Amy?"

"Dagger" I said more dangerously than the last few times I had to say it. "If I am allowed to finish, Blob, that's its name. Is a burning ball of silver. That can turn into a goo form and then harden into a solid. And yes, it has a burning temperature of over 350 F."

"Fine, make five copies and send them out, it's almost time" he yelled keeping his eyes off of me.

A man with black hair and matching soulless black eyes walked over and tried to find a way to take the orb from the sky so he could make copies. I rolled my eyes and handed the gloves to the man then said "shut down" and Blob fell down with a loud echoing thud. He picked it up showing a lot of effort in thee process.

"Can't you just tell it to follow me" he asked through deep breaths.

"I can, but what's the fun in that?" I said and turned around walking out of the room. But out of the corner of my eye I saw Janson writing something down again. I was to far to see any of the words but I could guess that it was most likely about me.

I walked back into my little shed or create room or whatever you want to call it. I opened it up "power on" I said not even bothering to look up. I heard some gears start up and the footsteps walking forward. I picked my eyes up from the ground and looked at Adam in front of me. I rubbed my temples but still managed a smile for what I now thought of as my friend. "Hey Adam" I said and waved to the creature in front of me.

Adam let out a low moan and then did something I didn't expect, it waved back and I'm guessing if I would have gave it a face, it would be smiling.

"You always know what to say" I laughed and looked at him. "Can you get me a mannequin" I asked thinking he would know what I was talking about. I walked down and grabbed a few of the drawings that I had. I looked at Adam as he actually brought me the mannequin. "Wow, good job" I laughed and grabbed some fabrics to start making an outfit for myself.

I started cutting some fabrics and pinned the stuff on. I was about to start stitching it up when another alarm went off, this one coming from my watch. I looked down and saw that it was six in the morning. I turned the alarm off and Rat Man walked into the room. "Come on Dagger" he dragged out the word Dagger like he was uncomfortable saying it. "You need to get to your post."

I looked at him confused "what are you talking about?" I asked looking at the man moving back over to Adam.

"I don't think you remember everything do you?"

"No dip shuck face" I said rolling my eyes at him.

"Well, you need to sit at a post and wait, you will fix some of the Grievers and you can over ride the system if they are going out of control." He said looking at me.

I looked at him and cocked my head to the side "shut down" I said. He looked at me weird but saw Adam next to me shut down. "Lets go, what are we waiting for?"

I walked to the screening room and saw they had a station set up for me. It had a headphone along with a camera. I sat down and put the headphones on not really knowing what I was doing. I flipped down a piece that worked as eyewear and was confused by what it did. I heard a scream and looked up taking off phones. The scream didn't sound like it was from pain more . . . frustration.

I stood up and looked at where the sound was from. I saw the black haired man who dragged Blob out. "Oh, hey you" I said looking at him.

"We need to get the thing out there and it wont move."

I groaned in frustration "you people are going to be the death of me" I yelled causing a few people to look at me I slammed the door open. I looked at the six metal orbs in front of me and rolled my eyes. "Power on" I said. All the things started to stir. "Where do you need them?"

"This way through the Flat Trans." I rolled my eyes and pointed for them to follow into the Flat Trans.

I walked back to my station and put my headphones on. I saw the things rolling around and I understood that I was not in control right now. But I was told I hade total over ride. I was watching the screen and that's when I saw it. A kid hit the ground one of the metal balls on his head. I pretty much jumped up from my chair. "What the hell!" I screamed pointing to the screen. I watched as the ball rolled away horrified by what just happened.

"That is what they are made for" Janson said suddenly appearing by my side. "They are just Variables."

"No, they're humans. Not Variables, you can't do this to them. I was with them, it might not have been long but not all of them were klunk for brain shuck faces, you can't do this to them."

"You can and you will, now sit down and shut up. Watch the screen and shut your mouth."

I sat back down putting my headphones on just in time to see Thomas trying to pry the thing off of someones face. They finally got it off and I had enough. I hacked into the system and paused the Blob in mid air. I set it to the ground and had it roll away. I shut them all down and watched as the boys left out one of the top hatches in the room before I started them up again.

Rat Man was furious. His face was red in anger and he had his hands clenched at his side. "That's it. I've had enough of you. I'm done. I tried but. I can't" he said in choppy sentences like he didn't really know what to say so it was all just coming out.

Guards started coming into the room all aiming things that looked like guns at me. They started moving in closer. I didn't move clenching my hands at my side like I was ready to attack. They obviously took it as that sign to because someone fired.

I felt electricity run through my body. I fell to the ground convulsing as the guards dropped their aim and ran to me. Rat Man looked down at me narrowing his eyes. The corners of my vision was turning black and even with the static popping in my ears I could still hear Rat Man say "take her away" he looked down at me "I'm done with you." And that was the last thing I saw before I passed out.
_____________________________

This was long, it took me forever to do. :P whatever I guess. I don't know what to say. Keep commenting, I love to hear your opinions. K later peps.