ⓉⒽⓇⒺⒺ

Nothing really out of the ordinary happened today; just doing the same old routine you do over and over again and then end up in your bedroom to do activities on your own- usually reading and if not, drawing or playing either piano or violin- the 'two instruments that are important to a family' your parents would say.

You hear chatter downstairs and assuming that it's your parents, you went downstairs. They must've came back home now- although it was still two hours before they would usually come home.

"(Y/N), how is our darling doing?" Your father asks rather cheerful, which is strange especially what had happened last night and what you've heard during late at night. But maybe they were just covering it up.

"I'm doing alright, Father," you answered.

"Good to hear," he said, "your mother and I have something to tell you so let's get dinner set."

One of the maids left for the kitchen and you all sat around the dining table where the food came shortly after.

"What is that you wish to tell me, Father?" you ask, curiosity biting you.

"Eat your dinner first," he said, "I'll tell you afterwards."

You did as told and you all ate in silence. You couldn't shake this feeling that whatever he was going to say was something you weren'tready for.

Once finished, your father cleared his throat and turned his attention to you.

"Darling, how would you feel about getting married to someone you haven't met before?" Your father asks with a sorry toned.

"Dad, I'm still 16. I'm still young to think about such as things," yousaid, feeling your stomach churn. You now already knew that this wasn't anything good.

"I know you're still young, so you won't get married until after your studies," he said.

"Wait, are you saying.." You started.

"Yes, sweetheart," your mother said, "recently, our company's been decreasing and so, in order to save it, we agreed your hand in marriage to the Ootori's third son."

"What? How come I wasn't told about this?" You asked.

"It has been decided today," your father said.

"But you could've told me tonight and give them the answer tomorrow!" You rose your voice a bit.

"If we don't do this sooner, we'll be losing more than right now," your father says, "I'm sorry, but we have no other choices."

"Choices!? I didn't have one to begin with!" You raised your voice even more.

"This isn't something you can decide, (Y/N)," he said, also raising his voice a bit.

"Yes! Yes, it is! It's me we're talking about! It's my future that is being thrown around!" You say as you got up and slamming a hand on the table, making the plates clatter a bit.

"Silence!" He bellowed. This was your first time ever hearing him in such tone with you that you did as told and sat down, not looking at either of your parents.

"Why?" You say in almost a whisper.

"We're so sorry, sweetie," your mother said, "if there was another way to fix this, we wouldn't have to result into this."

My father sighed. "You may go to your room. I have something to discuss with your mother."

You didn't say anything else and got up and left the room, not batting an eye.

~♡~