ⓉⒽⒾⓇⓉⓎ

After another week, Ari finally came back to school. You've been wanting to speak with him and ask where he had been but discarded the idea since you didn't want to seem annoying.

When you entered the classroom, there was the same pink envelope on your desk. You were weary of this shenanigans but you had a feeling to open it so, you took a second and then opened the letter.

In it, was an angry letter, written in red pen- which is regarded as a big no in some places.

(Y/N),

I have been waiting.. Waiting patiently. I thought I have crept into your heart, but was I wrong.. Why? Why must you do this to me, (Y/N)? TELL ME!! Why did you choose him over me? Am I not good enough?

I had always been there to make you smile; much more than him! So, why must you be with him?

You thought hard about who this 'him' this person was talking about. You look around for anyone who might look suspicious but there was no one around except..

-

You were packing up to leave the club room; the club activities was cut short today and you were the first to wave off the others.

Walking down the hall, you kept pondering about the letter. Could it really be? Will these endless letters finally come to a stop? You wanted to approach him but you didn't want to confront just anyone. It'll leave a bad impression on you and you were already anxious enough to be around people.

Then, a hand reached out at an intersection in the halls and pulled you over. Before you could even scream, you couldn't even gasp at the sudden movement.

You were struggling to let loose from this person's grasp. One hand covered your mouth while the other held both of your hands behind your back. "Mmph!"

The person's grip on your hands tightened and they leaned into your ears. "Hehe, (Y/N), you're mine.." Thry whispered.

You stomped on their foot, making them let go and shouts in agony. You turn around to face the person and your eyes widened. "Ari?"

His eyes was that of a crazy person. "(Y/N).." He smiled widely, making you frightened. "Ari, what's the matter?" You asked. His smile quickly disappeared and he gripped onto your shoulders.

"(Y/N), why? Why did you choose him over me!?" He asked as he shook you. He gripped tightly on you. "Ari, stop! You're hurting me!" You say loudly. He gasped and let's you go.

"(Y- (Y/N), I-" He struggles to find the words, moving slowly towards you. "What is this all about, Ari?" You ask with confidence in your voice. 

"What do you mean, (Y/N)?" He asks and took a step forward while you took a step back. "You know well what I mean," you stated. "I know it was you who wrote those letters."

He stops and looks down angrily, his hands curled into a fist. "(Y/N), I love you! Can't you see that?" He looks up at you. "So why did you go ahead and be his fiancée?"

You finally understood why he is like this. "It was arranged, right? You don't really like him, right?" He regained his psychotic look. "Why don't you break off the engagement and be with me, instead?"

You gritted your teeth. "What is the difference in being in an engagement with him and you?" You ask, becoming overly defensive. "Besides I-"

"Right you are, (Y/N)." A voice spoke from behind and then a hand rests on your shoulder. You turn your head to the side. "Kyoya?"

He looks forward- at Ari. "However, with your family background, I doubt your family can outcompete with mine," Kyoya spoke. "And according to my notes, your family will be facing bankruptcy with how you do things." He adjusts his glasses.

Ari grit his teeth. "How dare you-" Kyoya cut him off. "Your family is going through investigation now, correct?" Kyoya continues to speak. Apparently, Ari's family has been interacting with the black market and thus didn't show up at school for a while. "So, tell me, do you really think you can give her a life of prosperity?" Kyoya ends with a question.

Ari didn't say a single word as he continues to look down angrily. "If you don't wish for this to leak to the whole school, I suggest you to stay far from my fiancée," Kyoya says and then wraps an arm around you.

Looking at Ari, he could do nothing but stare. Then, "haha, you don't actually like her, don't you, Kyoya?" Ari asks Kyoya.

Kyoya narrowed his eyes, staring at the man in front of you two. After a couple of seconds, Kyoya opened his mouth. "If that's what you think, so be it." He smirked. "I don't have time to talk to you." And with that, he left with you beside him.

You took one more glance at Ari before turning your head to face the front and never look at him again.

~♡~