ⓃⒾⓃⒺ

Sitting on one of the seats was a face you knew.

Kyoya.

"Mr. Shirubanaito, I'm glad you came." A man stood up from his seat, which was at the head of the table, and came to shook hands with him.

"Glad to be here, Yoshio," your father replied.

"Our servants are almost done with the dinner," he said, "please, have a seat."

You took your place and faced with Kyoya. At first, you didn't know if you could look at him right now but when you did, he was already looking at you. You caught his stare and quickly look down at your lap.

'Please don't tell me..'

"You must be (Y/N)," Yoshio said. You looked up at him and smiled. "I have heard a lot about you from your father and I must say, what your father had said about you seems correct."

"Thank you."

"This is my youngest son, Kyoya. You have met each other at school, correct?" Yoshio asked.

"She most likely has. I made sure to put her in every classes that he has," your father said.

"Splendid."

Soon, servants came in with trays of food and all of you began eating. Both your's and Kyoya's parents talked while you sat their quietly and only answer when needed to.

"Kyoya, why don't you take Miss (Y/N) out in the garden and get to know each other more," Yoshio said once we've finished our food.

"Yes, Father," he said and stood up from his seat. "Miss Shirubanaito, care to take a walk with me?" You nodded and excused yourself from the table.

You two walked silently side-by-side, as you make your way to their garden.

Their garden was certainly more pretty and much bigger than the one you had at home. You both continued to walk deeper into the garden silently. You looked around at your surroundings; the flowers were very lovely, they were very big and beautiful and it looks as if they are glowing.

"Aren't they beautiful, Miss Shirubanaito?" Kyoya asked.

"Y-yes," you stuttered, caught by surprise. After that, you two went silent again.

'He isn't the one I'm marrying, right?'

As if your mind was read, Kyoya spoke. "Yes, I'm your fiancé," he said, "are you disappointed?"

"N-no! Why would you say that? I was just surprised that's all.." You trailed off.

He simply hummed in response and walked silently again. It was a little awkward. Maybe too awkward that he could feel the atmosphere too. You wanted to ask him a question but you just didn't know how to start it off.

As if your mind was being read, again, Kyoya spoke. "I wanted to see your reaction."

You looked at him. "You were going to ask why I didn't tell you at school, am I right?" He looked down at you. You nodded. "Well, there you go, my answer."

"Oh, I see."

After that long quiet walk, one of their maids called for both if you to come inside and that you had to leave.

"How was your time with Kyoya, Angel?" Your father asked during the ride home.

"It was good."

"Glad to hear."

It was not good. It was awkward but you didn't want to say that.

~♡~