Chapter 8: Tell Me About Liverpool

Later on that night jesse said to me that I don't really talk much about Liverpool and he wants to know more about where I came from and grew up, I started to tell him about the amazing things in Liverpool like Liverpool 1 and the echo arena and the Liverpool eye and then I got on to the bad things that have happened and he seems shocked that other places are really bad so I began telling him about the gun crime and how much of it there is and there are shootings virtually every night and the knife crime and just the gangs in general and he was in complete shock and all he said was " I thought maroubra was bad" I giggled at him and he laughed. He wanted to know about my family so I told him that I was an only child and I wasn't really close to much of my family so they probably won't miss me too much anyway. He asked me if I had loads of boyfriends back home and I said no I've never really had a proper boyfriend and he was surprised, he said "so have you never done anything with a lad?" I looked down in shame and said no I knew without a doubt that he had done stuff with girls because he was gorgeous, jesse said to me "so you've never kissed anyone?" I replied no with my head nearly on the table in shame and he kept saying "how did a gorgeous girl like you never get a boy to kiss you?" I just said that most of the lads back home only wanted sex and not a relationship so I just didn't bother with any of it, his eyes suddenly lit up and I was abit scared of what he was thinking.

He told me that by the time I've left australia I will have at least kissed a lad and that was a promise but i didn't know if it was an offer or not I wanted to to be so much I was falling for him really hard.