Part 1: And So It Begins!

"It is an anxious, sometimes a dangerous thing to be a doll. Dolls cannot choose; they can only be chosen; they cannot 'do'; they can only be done by."

Rumer Godden, The Dolls' House

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Present Times

There's a story about an evil doll named Prue and how she brought havoc around town and left our family in misfortune. And all is not what it seems. One might think you've heard it all, as the stories might appear to be all the same, but they are not. It normally goes as a little girl wants a doll she saw in the store, someone buys it for her and then the doll goes mental and kills everyone in its sight.

Well, that's where you are wrong my love. She was like you and me, my Princess. Prue was a troubled soul that just needed someone to love her. And I just hope my Angel won't ever meet her.

That's what my mother told me as a child. I often thought it was just a story and believed mom just wanted to scare me so I wouldn't become a spoiled brat like the other kids in the neighborhood who were selfish.

Until, mom mistakenly bought Prue's baby, Piper, for me. You might think I'm delusional doctor that dolls can't have babies, well think again.

They can steal another person's soul. Dead or alive! If the doll doesn't like you, you'll receive the punishment as if you would become a mannequin in a wax museum. And that would be the worst thing she'd do.

One of Prue's toys to play with.

And that concept of taking over a human form was what she passed down on to her daughter. It's something you will learn that exists once you've lived it!

Sitting on a lounge chair, a middle-aged woman opened her eyes to face the harsh realities of what she had done

Sitting on a lounge chair, a middle-aged woman opened her eyes to face the harsh realities of what she had done. Burning a doll and hoping it would never return again. But with it, there were consequences such as losing her job, her student's trust, and her sanity. And now here she was, sitting in a room where Piper's spirit would soon return.

Janneth Hudson had nightmares about it as if the doll kept playing with her mind. So, Janneth was glad she visited Dr. Everett to give her peace and quiet. And this was all arranged by a judge who read a court order that found her to be insane.

As the young doctor with broad shoulders came into the room, he greeted Janneth for the first time as they both nodded. But she was shivering just as if the temperature of the room was cold, but it was not. In fact, it was hot outside. So this led Dr. Nolan Everett to wonder if this patient was really crazy as his colleagues mentioned.

"Hello Ms. Hudson, I am Dr. Everett. Please make yourself comfortable here and at anytime you want to stop our conversations, please say so."

Putting his arms aside, he let his new patient respond.

As Janneth began to talk, tears started flowing down her cheeks. It indicated that she wanted to get rid of the pain she held and it needed to get out. But it wouldn't be easy as Janneth couldn't find the exact words to express her anguish and what her family endured for years. And it was all because of Piper, the bad luck charm that got out of hand.

Janneth looked up to face him as her arms trembled, which caused the doctor to sense that she was still hesitant in opening up about the trauma that took place a few months ago.

Calming her down, Dr. Everett suggested that they could start from the beginning and work their way up.

"Ms. Hudson, we can start with the basics because it seems that you are nervous, its that alright with you?"

Janneth nodded and continued by saying how she needed help.

She wiped her tears with her blouse and remembered the first time she ever laid hands on Piper.

The doll who was evil as if it was the devil!

The Confession:

I remember holding the first doll mom gave me, in my hands when I used to sit on my mother's lap as she rocked me to sleep. Everything was normal when I was with mom, but then I started hearing voices when I was alone with Piper. Do you know what they say about people having imaginary friends when they are young? Well, welcome to my bizarre world, that's exactly what my dad told me before he left my delusional'mom for good.

But since I was so young at that time, I never understood what she warned me about. I never thought I would actually be sitting here today telling you about Piper myself. I'm not crazy, my reality just might be different because of that freaking doll!

I'm certainly not delusional and am sorry to have students involved in this fiasco, but it had to be done. Piper put a spell on me and I burned her soul to the ground!