Mission 4 - Piper's Release

"I do know the difference between right and wrong, but I just like the way wrong feels. It's an impulse, an urge more intense than anything else."

- Ker Dukey & K. Webster

After talking to Lenore and seeing a smelly Serina run away with Monique chasing after her, Tabitha believed things couldn't get any better

After talking to Lenore and seeing a smelly Serina run away with Monique chasing after her, Tabitha believed things couldn't get any better. But that only lasted for a bit as she noticed a sad woman sitting on a bench.  Her hands were covering her wet face, so Tabitha knew the woman had been crying. She moved closer to find out who it was and was surprised that it was her own teacher who was making all that noise.

After seeing Miss Hudson distressed, Tabitha decided to comfort her.

Patting her teacher's back, she gestured her to stop crying. She knew humans did that in the movies, so Tabitha decided to do the same.

"Miss Hudson, whatever seems to be the problem?"

Without a word, Janneth presented her the town's newspaper ... the Daily Gazette. She pointed to the front page, where an article read "Mrs. Patrice Perkins,  Latest Victim in Crime Spree."

Since, she still didn't have a clue on how that had anything tp do with Miss Hudson crying, Tabitha read the article further on. 

Fifth grade teacher Patrice Perkins has not been seen since Friday morning. Her husband, Sam Perkins reported her missing since she never came home for two days straight. Mrs. Perkins is a teacher at Whitly Middle School.

For two months now, the town of Burney has had several cases of missing residents. Police are investigating the case as it is still ongoing. If anyone has information ...

Tabitha didn't bother to read the next portion, as she suspected foul play. But then, an aha moment came to her mind as she connected the dots.

Mrs. Perkins was the teacher of the bullies that annoyed her earlier, so what are the chances if something terrible happened? And this might be the 'evil' lingering around town that the witches asked her to get rid of.

But that still didn't explain why that disappointed Janneth, so Tabitha was still puzzled.

"Thank you Tabitha for coming by, but I'm afraid you cannot help me."

Wiping away her tears away, Janneth managed to smile.

"Mrs. Perkins used to make fun of me, as I was chosen to teach the remedial students of Whitly school. Now that she has disappeared, all eyes might point back to me. You see, all the townspeople who have been missing these months didn't like me and would point fingers as if I did something wrong. I never mentioned a word about revenge against them, yet the rumor mill keeps piling up as if I'm the bad guy here. There must be something wrong with me."

In truth, Janneth didn't want to tell her about the imaginary voices she'd hear at night as if they were taunting her. Thus, she covered her face again with her hands.

What did she do that was so bad?

Earlier, Tabitha asked her friends to accompany her in an adventure

Earlier, Tabitha asked her friends to accompany her in an adventure ... which was actually figuring out how they were going to get in Miss Hudson's apartment. After several excuses, the trio obliged and went along with the plan.

"What are we searching for, Tabitha again?

As she was getting annoyed with all these questions, Tabitha asked all of her friends to gather around her. She knew it was time, to tell the truth.

She closed the door behind her making sure it was only the four of them that were inside.

"I need something to tell you all, and please don't interrupt me as it might surprise you. I am a good witch ... well, actually one in training as I don't know all of the healing spells yet. And I am sent here to find the evil culprit who's behind the schemes  ruining this town."

Tabitha felt better after revealing that, since she harbored that guilt in her heart for so long; it needed to come out eventually.

Not so fast, Tabitha!

She looked around the room to see where the voice was coming from, but none of her friends had their mouths open.

"Who said that?"

All that was now visible in that room were her friends and a doll who sat on top of a bookshelf.

I take it that you are the witch sent to destroy me. A witch in training indeed. Catch me if you can!

And with that, the doll disappeared.