Running on Empty

"Those who act with few desires are calm, without worry or fear." - Buddha

Now that she was alone and kicked out of the wax museum, Tabitha bit her lip  as she was forced to leave her friends and furry sidekick behind with that crazy lunatic

Now that she was alone and kicked out of the wax museum, Tabitha bit her lip as she was forced to leave her friends and furry sidekick behind with that crazy lunatic. Heaven only knows what Piper and all of her pre-made dummies would do to them.

Tabitha kicked a small rock that went into a nearby pond, as she took her anger out. As it entered the water, bubbles popped up. Just watching them caused Tabitha to take in a deep breath.

Tabitha was always told to keep her emotions within, for it wasn't proper for a witch to shed a tear. But, for the first time, she worried about her human companions. She knew big girls don't cry, and was ashamed for what she did. But she couldn't help it, for in truth, it was her human nature.

She failed her first trial in putting an end to Piper, put her friends in danger, and felt like a complete fool for thinking that she could easily become a full fledged witch.

What does it take to get wings that can make you fly?

Tabitha knew she had to get herself back together again and think of a Plan B if she wanted to prevail.

And, she also wanted to know why Piper wanted her to remember the first time she met Gretchen.

The old lady who took her in seemed innocent for a while, but Gretchen  had quite a temper when things didn't go her way

The old lady who took her in seemed innocent for a while, but Gretchen had quite a temper when things didn't go her way. And now that Tabitha failed her task, she was afraid of what the old hag would do about it.

Just how she would accomplish her assignment, remained a mystery to her for the Witches Council never told her what to do. Tabitha figured that her kind would naturally know what to do when one was ready to continue such tasks. And that was what she attempted to do.

Thinking it over, Tabitha thought about her next plan of action. She already felt guilty for not telling her teacher about what happened and how she was responsible for James, Astrid and Hansel's disappearance. She also wondered what their parents would say once they knew the truth. She could make up an excuse that they went on a field trip . But she knew a coverup wasn't always the perfect solution.

All this thinking made her perspire. Her palms were sweating as the memories of the wax museum were still fresh in her mind. Within the short time that Tabitha had inside, she was able to observe wax dummies of missing townspeople. Someone looked like the old man she met at the apartment complex and that terrified her. And before Tabitha was bewitched by the girl with mesmerizing eyes, Tabitha swore she saw two mannequins that might have been her biological parents. 

Black hair, round eyes and a shock of sorrow appeared on their faces as if they were scared to learn about their fate. As if they sold their souls to the devil.

Mommy, Daddy! Why did you leave me alone?

Tabitha closed her eyes as she refused to cry. She barely remembered her childhood before she was adopted but if those two mannequins were indeed her parents, Piper probably knew her family's history all along. 

This drove her mad and had the sudden urge to go  back to the school and contact Miss Hudson.