Witches of Warwick

"A black cat crossing your path signifies the animal is going somewhere."
- Groucho Marx

" - Groucho Marx

The Meeting

A wise woman stood under a pergola, an outdoor structure consisting of columns that support a roofing grid of beams and rafters.

"Gretchen, why did you summon us all tonight?" Asked a blonde beauty named Beatrix. "What seems to be the trouble as we all have other duties to take care of?"

Gretchen, a statuesque black woman, dressed in an elaborately embroidered coat focused her attention on the petite lady standing proudly as if she was to speak on behalf of the crowd behind her.

"Bea ... I have asked you and all our witch sisters to come because we have a major problem to deal with. The city of lights calls for us to stop a demonic spirit from taking souls of our beloved town of Madd River. The angels above tell me of this lost soul that was set free to roam around the streets and has done havoc that has perplexed officers. And I would like us witches to be their last hope."

Questions arose as the small group was confused.

"And what makes you think we can help out Gretchen? We help people in need, we are not crime solvers."

Another had her hand raised and pointed out how they were not fit to take over the task.

"Yes, Gracie has a point there. No offense Gretchen, but I don't think we are capable of killing an evil spirit. Our spells are not fit for the devil at heart and we will have a difficult time hiding from the public. They will burn all of us at stake!"

This outburst caused an uproar to develop, yet Gretchen tried her best to calm all of the women down.

Yet, a witch named Allegra pointed to a black cat that purred next to Gretchen's leg. The black feline must have represented a form of good luck contrary to what the townspeople have said about them. They were once thought to be divine creatures who just seemed to have bad luck as they were written in legends that place them as mysterious omens.

"And who is that?"

"This Allegra is Lenore, a wizard punished her long ago, but she was able to revive herself as a cat of wonders. And she will help us with our task. I also have asked the Whittles to come from across town. Their adopted daughter, Tabitha, can be of aid as she was given the gift as a psychic who can smell where this spirit might be. Angels tell me that the devil hides in a doll form and taunts the life of a Pirate family. Pirates might seem to be a part of society long ago, but they came with curses for their wrongdoings. If I am correct, this evil spirit has something to do with a curse. It will be hard to break, but together we can try to pull this off."

This is what the Witches of Warwick had in mind, and would soon devise a plan to burn the spirit to death. But little did they know about Janneth Hudson and her mother's role in Piper's mischievous antics.

There was more to this story than meets the eye!