Angel of Mine, What have you Done?

"Sit down, focus, and ask your guardian angel to help other people, and then ask a help for yourself." - Diana Cooper

As she closed the door, Janneth straightened her posture and sighed

As she closed the door, Janneth straightened her posture and sighed. She folded her hands and prayed for someone to help her through these difficult times. She was not a religious person, but needed some guidance, and hoped that her wishes would not have been heard by anyone nearby.

Lord, please help me figure out what to do. Tabitha might be some help, but what am I going to do with the mess she created?

Her watery eyes closed and all was peaceful for a few minutes. But it
was soon interrupted by a high - pitched voice that caused her eardrums to awake!

Janneth turned around and faced the culprit. She didn't know her well, but Nurse Reynolds' voice was rather annoying. It was said that she talked through her nose. Supposedly a vocal impairment the nurse had since childhood that was never corrected. And perhaps she was tone deaf, but Nurse Reynolds did her job well, and that's all that mattered. Janneth wished that would change, but knew that would only happen by a miracle.

As you wish!

Someone giggled, and hid in the shadows, ready to make her entrance.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Miss Hudson, are you done talking with her?", the nurse pointed to the door, "I need to check her vital signs before I release her to you."

Janneth tried to smile, yet her crooked grin couldn't hide the fact that she was laughing inside. She tried to hide it with a cough for she wanted to get out of that room as soon as possible. 

The nurse's voice was rather croaky today, as if she was irritated with something. It was unpleasant to listen too as if a frog was caught in her throat.

"Nurse Reynolds, she's all yours, I have to see what my other students are doing. When you are done examining Tabitha, please send her to Room 55. Thank you."

Janneth felt sorry for the nurse, but didn't want to say anything more, so she just extended her right arm to shake her hand and waved goodbye. Janneth figured that these signs of  gestures would help calm both of them down.

 Janneth figured that these signs of  gestures would help calm both of them down

Good Riddance. Now I can get down to business. I need to go to Valley Medical soon after this shift. Things I have to do to get a decent paycheck.

Nurse Reynolds had that in mind as she was having a bad day. First, she woke up late since her husband didn't bother to wake her up. Then her son's principal called her to say that he bullied a boy at school and was going to be suspended for it. Worrying about that altercation made her even more agitated. She wondered why they couldn't ask her husband instead to take care of these things. It's always the mother.

She was just glad that she arrived in time to take care of her first patient of the day. And hopefully, Tabitha wouldn't be too much trouble.

As the nurse opened the door, the pale girl that sat on the medical table smiled at her

"Hello, You must be Tabitha. I am Nurse Reynolds. I'll take your vital signs before your release." 

It was proper protocol to introduce herself to student patients, for the nurse learned to do that as she had been Whitly Middle School's nurse for two years. During her first year, the school staff were told by students that she didn't have any manners, for the nurse would bring her problems at home to work.

Tabitha nodded. She remained silent for she was afraid that if she spoke something might spark an evil entity  to appear. 

"Now I heard from your teacher that you fainted, is that correct?"

That was something new for Tabitha to digest for she did not have any idea why she blacked out earlier. Yet, she saw pure darkness, a place where she was trapped; enclosed in a box where she couldn't run. She was just thankful that it was only a dream and woke up alive.

Tabitha nodded and had a creepy feeling that there was a specific reason for why she fainted. A temporary loss of consciousness must have started it all, as she learned of Piper's tactics. Tabitha had a feeling that the spirit was following her as well.

Nurse Reynolds reached for her stethoscope to examine Tabitha's heart. The medical instrument around her neck was rather cold for it wasn't used all morning, but she figured it would soon warm up on it's own anytime soon.

She placed the diaphragm (chest-piece) on Tabitha's back and asked her to breathe in deeply.

"Now Tabitha, I want you to take a big breath for me, honey."

And that was what Tabitha did, she breathed in and out during the examination, yet Nurse Reynolds didn't mention anything about what she heard. Curiosity soon came to Tabitha's mind and was worried about the results. Her body was still as normal as a typical human being, but as she has now entered witchdom, the process of becoming a full fledged witch, must have entered her system.

Tabitha  noticed some medical utensils such as a reflex hammer and thermometer flying around ready to hit Nurse Reynolds.

No, put that down! This must be Piper's doing. That evil thing probably wants to ruin things for me. 

Tabitha couldn't say this out loud and needed to think of a distraction as soon as the nurse would turn around. She knew what Piper was doing and now the deadly games had just begun.