Isn't She lovely?

Retrouvaille [French]
(n.) The joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation

As the owner of a pair of heels slammed the door, a relieved doctor sighed

As the owner of a pair of heels slammed the door, a relieved doctor sighed. Joanne Swanson was the strictest lady he ever met. She couldn't even forgive him for something that was out of his control.

Nolan was about to tell her that he must have been under a trance since he doesn't remember anything, but the social worker left before he could say anything in order to defend himself.

How was he going to talk to her now?
This was the part of the job he hated the most. Reporting information back to people who were as fierce as walking straight into a brick wall.

He put on the blazer that hung on the coat rack next to his desk in order to cover himself once he noticed that his long-sleeved shirt was torn.

He sat back in his seat disregarding the mess that now laid on the floor and decided to clean it up later. He still had twenty-five minutes left to spare for Janneth and was determined to use it.

"Okay Janneth, as we have some time left, tell me more about Tabitha."

The depressed woman who recovered from her shock looked up and faced him. Janneth was still trying to figure out how the doctor could hear Piper as she was still in disbelief.

"Doctor, you can hear Piper too?"

Nolan nodded and smirked slightly as he too did not understand why she questioned that.

"Thank you for believing in me. You'd probably think this is crazy, but it means Piper also chose you."

Confused, Nolan asked her what that meant.

"What does that mean, Janneth?"

She tried to respond as best as she could, but there weren't any words that came out of her mouth. Piper shut her up for the moment, for it was not time to reveal the truth.

The spirit didn't want Nolan to know the secret as of yet. And that was if you could hear Piper, you were 'saved' from becoming a 'doll' or 'wax dummy' in her hideous collection.

 And that was if you could hear Piper, you were 'saved' from becoming a 'doll' or 'wax dummy' in her hideous collection

Joanne entered the cafeteria with a growling stomach. She was flabbergasted after what she saw in Dr. Everett's office earlier and went ahead to get a bite to eat.

Joanne figured if Janneth was a woman who wanted to make her own decisions than she could wait for her social worker to cool down. Joanne was tired babysitting her and sitting in the doctor's office for half an hour wasn't the highlight of her life. So she left, thinking all would be well without her presence.

As Joanne walked to the vending machines, she felt a tap on her back. She tried to ignore it as she focused on getting a snack, but the man who wanted her attention didn't back down.

"Joanna Marie."

Joanne knew that husky voice so well, that she stopped in front of the machine with her nickels in hand. It was the same voice she fell in love with twenty years ago. No one but her ex ever called her by her given name.

But now with her hair in an up-do fashion and with a temper as cold as ice, Joanne no longer felt the tingles she had once they first dated. Joanne didn't want to greet him but she couldn't resist his touch. One memory she'll never forget.

So, she whispered a little prayer to herself to keep her sanity alive.

Joanne turned around after she picked up a pack of peanuts the machine dispensed and walked toward him.

"David? What ...What are you doing here? How did you find me?"