Return to the Innocence

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter."

Paulo Coelho

Patience Janneth, you need to sit down and wait

Janneth fiddled with her fingers as she waited for Dr. Everett to call her name in the waiting room.

Earlier she heard from his temporary secretary that he was in a meeting.
She assumed that it must have been super important to him rather than talking to her, since it's been more than half an hour since she came in with Joanne.

What Gives?

That was her thought as she counted the square tiles on the ceiling to pass the time away. Days have past since  she last talked to the doctor, so  impatience got the best of her. She didn't know why her appointments stopped, and the staff in the mental institute prohibited her from using the telephone.

But once Joanne told her about the injuries the Doctor endured, Janneth pitied him.

Piper had struck again!

To pass the time away, she decided to write down all she had to say about Tabitha and her friends. Putting it down on paper was better than keeping it stashed in her mind. Besides, Dr. Everett only knew bits and pieces about her students, and since she believed that he was coming to senses about her, the doctor could ask the judge to release her from the institution.

It took her some time to remember every detail in the past events, but she knew exactly what happened that day before Tabitha left her class, for it was embedded in her brain, ever since Serina disappeared. Janneth was shaken after she heard Monique crying once Piper's haunted voice was heard.

The two meddling students weren't supposed to be there, but they suffered the consequence since they did not listen.

Tabitha somehow disappeared after the blaze went out. How the smoke vaporized by itself was also strange.

As Tabitha promised, the flames never touched the wax museum and instead of leaving Janneth empty handed, she left her teacher a journal; one that she knew she could not say out loud.

Janneth brought her student's journal with her. She wanted to show both books to the doctor for evidence. Her version and Tabitha's. She had enough of this 'cat and mouse' game and was sure Dr. Everett felt the same way too.

The time to end it once and for all had begun!

After waiting for an hour, Janneth was called by the psychologist

After waiting for an hour, Janneth was called by the psychologist. Janneth took in a deep breath and looked at her social worker for support.

"You can do this Jan, I believe you can make amends with Dr. Everett. He's not going to bite."

Janneth smiled at Joanne for saying that. She noticed that her social worker's attitude has changed during the two weeks. Joanne usually had a frown upon her face, but now she smiled more as if something happened ... maybe she rekindled with her ex-husband. It wasn't Janneth's business to know these things, but the thought came in her mind.

With the journal tucked under her arms that included her final days as a fifth-grade teacher and how it affected her well being, she stood up praying that everything would work out for the best.

"Can't you see Doctor? It's those damn bullies that placed me in this position!"

Janneth never knew she could have such rage, but something overtook her as she placed her hand on her journal.

The baffled doctor didn't know what to make out of this as he didn't say anything earlier to make her react this way.

"Janneth what's become of you? I'm on your side. I've always been. Please let me finish reading these journals and then we could sort everything out."

Ashamed of herself, Janneth lay down on the sofa to relax.

"I don't mean to rant, but this has gone too far. It's as if Piper wants to rule my life!"
She took a breather and calmed down before speaking again.

"I also did some digging in the local library on my family history. Turns out my mom didn't accidentally find an evil entity named Prue in that hospital, but Prue Hudson was really my unwed great-great aunt who died without knowing who her missing child grew up to be. So what if you put two and two together, Doctor?"

Her mouth opened wide as she just developed this great idea in her head, causing Dr. Everett to raise his eyebrows.

"Piper might be Prue's lost soul. The doll I named long ago came to life to continue Prue's legacy! She's looking for her daughter."