Ambush

"Look at me, I came from nothing. I'm using my voice. I don't know where it's going to take me. But I've got you listening. You can do the same."

- Dianne Guerrero

Tabitha turned around to see who was following her, but cool air only passed her way

"Who spoke to me?" she asked as she straightened her back after bending it.

No answer was returned, except for a sound of heavy breathing . Huffs that she even questioned if they belonged to herself.

Thus, her whispers came back to haunt her. 

Tabitha tried to remain calm, even though butterflies roamed in her stomach.

Moving forward, she noticed that the school hall was empty except for a lone chair.

A typical wooden chair from a classroom, perhaps. Left out for some reason. It's not going to harm me.

She walked closer to it, thinking that the evil entity was sitting there, laughing at her. Inch by inch, her heartbeat moved faster since she didn't know what to expect. But Tabitha wanted to end this fear in her and start anew. 

Even though her throat felt croaky, she voiced out what she needed to say.

"What do you want Piper? Why did you follow me? You kicked me out of the wax museum and now you want to annoy me? It doesn't make sense."

Silence still remained throughout the hall.

Tabitha didn't want to raise her voice for she would be disturbing the ongoing classes. But she knew Piper was hiding behind the shadows. 

Perhaps it was her own magical powers that were now embodied in her that made her sense it.

Lenore's  soul was still by her side, guiding her to follow the right path. And the Witches' Council was helping her out during these struggles.

No matter what it was Tabitha felt better as they all gave her hope that she could still prevail with her duties. Now all she needed to do was for Piper to confess her sins.

"Piper, I know you are here, stop toying with me."

Sighing, Tabitha remained brave and closed her eyes before she touched the empty seat.

With one eye now open, she kept her hand in place until she felt a soft body on the seat. A cushion that remained invisible to the naked eye, yet, Tabitha knew she had found her enemy.

"Show me your body Piper, I don't like these tricks you do anymore."

With a pout on her face, Tabitha crossed her arms and stood tall in front of her nemesis.

To her surprise, Piper acknowledged her request and before she knew it, Tabitha held the doll in her hands before it bit her.

It caused her to scream, but Tabitha bit her tongue as they were soon interrupted by the school bell. It meant the students would be coming out of the classrooms to retrieve their belongings and she couldn't bear to let them see her like this.

But it was too late before Tabitha could even react.

Serina, Tabitha's bully from Ms. Perkins' class, spotted her holding Piper.

Laughing at the sight of Tabitha holding the motionless doll, Serina ridiculed the witch.

"My, my, what do we have here? How old are you really Tabitha? Are we like four years old and still playing with dolls? Wait till, Monique hears about this."

Feeling the heat from her shoes and a bit of embarrassment, Tabitha wanted to put a spell on her bully. Make her learn a lesson she wouldn't forget.

But Tabitha couldn't risk it as she remembered Lenore's advice on using spells for non-emergency uses.

"Don't be intimidated by her, she just wants your reaction. It's for her entertainment purposes. Don't use those spells, I'm warning you Tabby."

The voice echoed in Tabitha's mind. She missed her furry friend so much, that it even sounded that Lenore was right there in front of her.

Tabitha closed her eyes and prayed that all would work out for the best, as she was getting tired.

Just then Serina slipped on the floor as she sashayed back to her locker. She was calling for Monique's help to pick her up but instead accidently hit another student who was in her way.

Thus, a domino effect occurred, where four other students fell down after another. And they all looked at Serina, as if she was the bad guy behind this.

Tabitha opened her eyes after hearing the commotion. She couldn't help but smirk at the sight.

  Did I do that? 

But she kept quiet and quickly bypassed the students to meet Ms. Hudson in her classroom.