I'm letting you go

"If it's in your control, why do you do it? If it's in someone else's control, then who are you blaming? Atoms? The gods? Stupid either way. Blame no one." 

- Marcus Aurelius

Tabitha felt trapped after she laid eyes on the girl that was working on shaping a figurine. And after a couple of minutes, Tabitha felt unconscious.

Somehow, she had flashbacks of her past life before she met the Witches Council. And Tabitha wanted to find out why she encountered this dream.

Was this the work of the evil spirit?

She did not know it was Piper's way of reading her mind, as this was what the evil spirit did for a living; capturing people's thoughts and past stories was her enjoyment to keep her deadly intuition alive.

Tabitha slowly opened her eyes as she prevented the light in front of her to flash before her pupils

Tabitha slowly opened her eyes as she prevented the light in front of her to flash before her pupils. It beamed from afar since someone pulled back a curtain from one of the windows causing her to wake up.

And as Tabitha was still lightheaded, she experienced vertigo as she envisioned whirls of colors dancing before her. It made her curious as the illusion told her to come back to reality. And as she started moving her hands in order to touch the imaginary lines; a familiar flock of fur nestled beside her.

Thus, her memory came back and knew that someone must've saved her from falling over, for she was desperately wanting a drink of water.

"Lenore! Ah, you conniving feline! What would I do without you?"

Picking her up, Tabitha caressed her furry friend's back. 

Lenore woke her up from such a trance, and it was just in time since Piper tried to turn back time so the Witches Council would not have existed in the first place.

"Put me down, Tabitha!" The feline's paws touched her own coat of fur once her legs felt the concrete floor.

"Now, I'm sure you are happy to be back to reality. We ... um your friends were worried about you."

Tabitha smiled as she had a hunch that Lenore was concerned as well, but did not want to admit it.

" Oh Lenore, were you worried about me too?" Tabitha laughed even though she didn't have any idea how long she was out.

The tabby pouted for she did not want to be known as a sassy pussy cat. If Lenore only had arms and stand on her two hind legs, she'd be crossing her arms right about now. Yet, she had to admit that she cared for Tabitha and witches have to stand together no matter how big or small they were. 

"I had to help you out, that's what I promised Gretchen. So, there."

Interrupting the conversation between the two, Astrid and Hansel ran up  to their friend and hugged her tightly as they thought they had lost Tabitha forever.

"Tabitha, what happened to you?" asked Astrid.

Tabitha didn't know what to say as she couldn't tell her or Hansel all about her secret. It was only for witches to know and she already told them a lot about herself and Lenore.

"I guess ... I was just thinking hard, Astrid. Nothing to worry about." Tabitha tried to end her comment with a sincere smile, but couldn't hold it as she knew she was telling a white lie. Her dizzy spells soon went away though, but something wasn't quite right.

"Excuse me for interrupting this lovely reunion of yours Tabitha, but aren't you forgetting something

"Excuse me for interrupting this lovely reunion of yours Tabitha, but aren't you forgetting something." A white apparation appeared before the trio of friends as she did not want to be ignored.

Tabitha faced her and knew that this was the well known Piper.

"What do you want Piper?  I want you to leave us alone." Tabitha tried to speak what was on her mind without mumbling but the words somehow got in the way.

"I will let you leave, but only you alone. And I want something in return."

Having a hunch that she would be making a deal with the devil, Tabitha's eyebrows flinched.

"And what will that be?"

"I want your friends and that cat named Lenore," the ghastly spirit replied 

"No, you already have James, why do you want more? And I know you secretly haunt Miss Hudson as you live in her household."

Piper remained quiet. The evil spirit was thinking on what to say next, but instead let the museum doors open.

"Tabitha you are free to leave and tell Janneth I'll be visiting her soon."  She chuckled as she forced the little witch out the door.

Trying to prevent the white apparition from carrying her out, Tabitha tried to keep her feet on the floor, but she eventually lost her footing.

As Astrid and Hansel and a feline ran to catch up with Tabitha, the doors automatically closed.

"And where do you three think you're going? All of you will join this fun house!"