Mission 3 - Looking For Piper

"I feel as though I have lived many lives, experienced the heights and depths of each and like the waves of the ocean, never known rest. Throughout the years, I looked always for the unusual, for the wonderful, for the mysteries at the heart of life."

- Leni Riefenstahl

The "Quad" as the four friends now called themselves, were now in Miss Hudson's apartment without their teacher's permission

Dumbfounded at first, the trio declined to help their friend in this investigation, but once they fell into a money trap known as bribery, they quickly changed their minds. 

Tabitha was also able to coax their teacher's landlord into getting them in. Call it one of her witchy ways,  but in truth, she used the oldest trick in the book; she pretended to be Miss Hudson's niece who accidentally got locked out. And the stupid landlord bought it and opened the door for her. 

Easy breezy as 1,2,3. That's what she believed.

And once she was in, Tabitha motioned for James, Astrid, and Hansel to come in nonchalantly, so the security watching the cameras wouldn't suspect anything.

"Why did you want us to do this in the first place, Tabitha?"

"I told you, James, we're helping Miss Hudson reorganize. Since her mother's passing, I thought we can help her out as a good gesture."

James felt uneasy as she mentioned this.

"Yeah, right. We know you by now Teacher's Pet. We know you are not telling us the truth. You have a hidden agenda, don't you?"

"Why Astrid, whatever gave you that idea?"

"There's a catch isn't there? Well, isn't there?"

Tabitha just smiled and continued looking among Miss Hudson's household items and antiques for Piper's spirit.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Earlier:

The black cat that followed Tabitha to class, only to be thrown out later, was back at her side once class ended.

"I've observed you, Tabitha, you are abusing our spells. You wouldn't want your parents to hear about this, do you?"

Hoping that only Lenore could here her, Tabitha defended her rights.

"Look, Lenore, I'm not interested in this 'schoolwork' as I know most of it already like the back of my hand. And as for putting a spell on those bullies earlier, well they got what they deserved."

The cat nodded from side to side as if she had the ability to facepalm herself.

Tabitha knew Lenore was angry at her, but she couldn't help it if she overused her spells. She was still a young witch, not fully grown. That was mostly the reason why Gretchen and the rest of the Witches of Warwick chose Tabitha to find Piper.

Shy at first, yet when provoked,  Tabitha will do what she was trained to do.

"Look who's talking to a cat."

Serina and her friend pointed this out and laughed.

"She's really gone bonkers Monique as if she were a witch. That stray must be her pet."

The two girls kept going on and on with their rants infuriating Tabitha, but since Lenore was watching her every move, she tried to ignore every word coming from that blabbermouth.

That is until a foul smell occurred making Serina run for cover. Monique followed her friend to the restroom. 

This eventually caused Tabitha to smile, yet, she covered her mouth.
She did not know who created that the odor spell. 

That was not her doing unless the cat did it herself. It made her curious, so Tabitha had to ask her furry friend.

"Lenore, what did you do?"

The cat purred as if she were innocent as an angel who did nothing wrong.

"I couldn't help it Tab. I didn't like what they said about you and me as if I'm a dumb cat! Really! Don't underestimate the beauty of a cat! So, I made her smell like rotten cheese."

Laughing at her comment, Tabitha ducked down to high five Lenore's paw. She agreed that the girls needed to be taught a lesson, well being a skunk wasn't exactly what Tabitha had in mind,  but it would do.