Mission 1 - Devouring Cafeteria food

"It's a dangerous business Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

- J.R.R. Tolkein

Pretending to read the assignment Miss Hudson assigned them to do, Tabitha hid a pamphlet within it entitled How to introduce yourself to your classmates

Pretending to read the assignment Miss Hudson assigned them to do, Tabitha hid a pamphlet within it entitled How to introduce yourself to your classmates. As her seatmates weren't witches, wizards, or warlocks, she needed to learn how to converse with normal human beings.

Greeting normal students shouldn't be so hard, she thought. It must be something as easy as talking to witches. However, when she was in their company, they were all older than her. Thus, Tabitha didn't know how to make friends with younger people.

She only knew  the blonde-haired student named James who did a handstand for Lenore. If he did that again, Tabitha would turn him into a mouse. Then, he'll be running like crazy as she knew Lenore would like that exercise to scare people.

But alas, the last time Tabitha got caught misusing her spells for her own advantage, her parents punished her from taking that spellbook away from her. As a child, she was too lazy to clean her room with a wardrobe of clothes scattered everywhere. With a twist of her nose and an alakazam, all was tidied up before her parents came home. Yet, there was one flaw with that trick that Tabitha didn't realize until much later. And that was the fact that Tabitha's spells only lasted for a short amount of time.

Beginners luck! Mrs. and Mr. Whittle weren't fooled when the broom, cloth, and sweeper came out of the closet to show that they were full of dust.

Tattletales! That's what Tabitha was about to say, but she was guilty as charged!

"Times up students, please hand in your assignments on my desk," announced the teacher

"Times up students, please hand in your assignments on my desk," announced the teacher. She wanted her class to end soon as she was experiencing a headache. It was only the second week of classes, so Janneth did not expect any stress coming her way so soon.

Tabitha didn't have anything written down on her blank piece of paper since she didn't understand why students had to do such things. However, she didn't want to let others, especially the teacher, get the wrong impression about witches. They were not dumb.

So she looked around to see if the coast was clear and twisted her nose to summon a pen to write the correct answers all in due time. Little did she know someone from outside was watching as cats can climb up and rest near window sills.

Janneth thought Tabitha was an exceptional student due to episodes of weaching otherwise known as witches who cheat. And Janneth was dumbfounded as she would never find out until she found out Tabitha's actual plan.

 And Janneth was dumbfounded as she would never find out until she found out Tabitha's actual plan

Tabitha entered the cafeteria, a place that was foreign to her as she has never seen one.

Junk foods happened to be the menu there, as tater tots and hamburgers were being served. Normally, Tabitha ate fruits, nuts, granola bars, even a leg of lamb! But her mom told her to blend with the other students so they wouldn't know that she was a witch in disguise.

So, Tabitha bought a school lunch with her allowance. The young witch wasn't happy with this decision but found herself falling in line with the other students waiting to be served ... only coming out with tater tots, a hamburger, and milk.

Tabitha wasn't really hungry though, instead, her goal was to mingle. She needed to find some students to help her out with the specific task in mind and searched the crowd for someone familiar. And that's when she saw the blonde she met the other day. He talking to two other people.

Tabitha's aim was to go to that table and socialize. Maybe they'd help her find the evil spirit that her cat told her about.