There She Goes!

"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. He sets the time for birth and the time for death, the time for planting and the time for pulling up, the time for killing and the time for healing, the time for tearing down and the time for building."

- Ecclesiastes 3:1- 3

The rasping noise in the office caught Dr

The rasping noise in the office caught Dr. Everett off guard as a shadowy figure in the corner made its entrance. It made a sinister laugh that frightened him. But Nolan kept his mind intact thinking that what he heard was just his imagination.

He shook his head and exercised his jaws, a habit he had since childhood, to relieve his stress.

His late mentor, Dr. Phillyis, would say, "Remember to be strong and know that in every situation, there's always a logical explanation for everything." He smirked as he revisited that thought. 

As if there was a valuable reason for everything.

He remembered that he was told that Janneth Hudson wasn't any ordinary patient. Ms. Hudson was sentenced to do community service and to see a psychologist for her actions. She lost her teacher's license and many have now considered her to be a wacko, an inferior person that is a menace to society.  Thus, Dr. Everett felt sorry for Janneth, but he also had his own problems of his own to look after.

During a psychiatric meeting with his colleagues, he didn't even volunteer to help her out. It was not what he wanted to do, but since his wife at home was nursing their newborn son, the doctor didn't want to take any chances that might harm them. Nolan thought he wouldn't be assigned to this case, but much to his annoyance, it happened. 

It was his boss who had the final word as Nolan had some specialty in Forensic Psychology.

At that time, Nolan remembered he indeed wrote that on his resume but did not want to continue with that field of work. As a former aide in the line of FBI work, working with criminals was daunting. After each case, he felt a sense of guilt in his stomach once he knew the guilty party was imprisoned despite their plea for insanity.

It drove him crazy, so after two years working for the department, he turned in his papers and resigned. Never in a million years did he think that the past would haunt him again.

But Dr. Everett didn't have any choice but to agree with his new boss and Ms. Hudson's social worker. They wanted him to calm Janneth down so she could safely return safely to what was left of her family without harm. Thus, he had to keep an eye on her.

But this new experience of taking care of a rather disturbed patient kept him on the edge of his seat.

"Ms. Hudson, Ms. Hudson, wake up!"

The Doctor patted his client's arm as she fell into a trance. Janneth's head was positioned downward and her body resumed to be tense.

He also had an eerie feeling that they were no longer alone now as Janneth recited gibberish words that he did not understand. This incident made him curious, so he grabbed his journal and decided to document this episode for his records.

But a whisper from afar was heard behind him, causing Nolan to stop writing.

"I'll be back!... And Doctor, be warned."

Looking toward his back, Nolan didn't see anybody there. It made him confused as his nose twitched and chills ran down his spine. 

Be warned ... that phrase etched in his mind now and he wondered what that could be about. Perhaps those words meant that this situation should not be recorded.