It's a Mad World

"I often stood in front of the mirror alone, wondering how ugly a person could get."

― Charles Bukowski, Ham on Rye

With the same bubbly attitude from her last adventures in capturing Piper, Tabitha was lucky enough to have Nevah Everett come to her for advice

With the same bubbly attitude from her last adventures in capturing Piper, Tabitha was lucky enough to have Nevah Everett come to her for advice. A little older, and mature , she was wise enough to manage her own congregation of witches. Her childhood mentor, Gretchen, left her in charge of the council as the old woman left to a place Tabitha only knew as a retirement home.

Through a crystal ball, Tabitha learned that the spirit was locked in a glass prism with edges all around it that kept her soul alive.

But she also knew Piper wouldn't actually leave without her revenge.

It was something that all started from the beginning of Piper's story. The real reason why the abomination evolved was because of Janneth's mother. She wasn't willing to let go.

And Tabitha figured out that if her prediction was correct , Piper's real identity was someone who never grew up. Consider it to be like a Peter Pan effect. That person died at a young age not knowing who her real parents were. Therefore, Piper's intentions were always childish and caused mischief wherever she went because she didn't know how to calm herself down.

 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

There's a myth that the glass could steal your soul. Once it is broken, another poor soul will be taken in to replace the old. This deceased mortal turns back to reality as if it were buried alive. It awakes, reversing the 'true' pictures of what it once was, swapping an image of another; creating a confusion. They see a new world to explore behind the mirror that they can now access. And they are more than the whole, the reflection created by them is a new monster, fragments of the world that combine to show us the ugliness that the whole mirror hides. The broken fragments would force them to confront the beast inside, the demon that cowers in reflections. Seven years of bad luck!

The Witches Council told her that after Tabitha failed to burn Piper to the ground, so if she only knew how to prevent the prism from being created, she would have intervened. The only thing was after the aftermath, Tabitha was thrown back into the crazy world of wackiness that Piper created. It was pure luck that the spell was broken when Piper's spirit drowned and found her way to where her father, Captain Callis, lay. Like the Captain, Piper was a true pirate who wanted to continue fighting in modern days. 

It was unknown to her that this was now a different era.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Of course, Tabitha knew humans didn't know any better. Janneth and her psychologist should have known better that the prisms were like mirrors that could easily break. And they were also ones that preserved the spirit from deterioration. They should have continued with the burning ritual instead; ashes to be spread all over the ocean, so the Piper's soul could no longer be put back together. But what was done cannot be erased. However, the cylindrical object could be placed away in a section of a museum all alone. Walls enclosed never to be opened again.

Why Nevah persisted to find where the prism ended up in the ocean, was something that confused her. She kept telling him that he should let things be, for she didn't want any other humans harmed by Piper. 

Since Tabitha never met Nevah's father, Nolan, she didn't know the whole story that bothered his son. But she knew the forensic psychologist well enough since he was known by the townspeople; he was the one who released their children and missing spouses from Piper's puppetry shows.

Tabitha also knew that Nevah wanted to prove to everyone, and perhaps to the world, that what his parents told him long ago was not a hoax. He wanted to be a part of history, something that she heard was called the Guinness Book of World Records. 

Tabitha couldn't keep that from him, if that was his goal. She figured that Nevah was a piece of heaven that needed to shine on his own. He needed to be known as a notable person instead of a fool, that many have compared him to. 

And who was she to say anything, for Tabitha had to learn the same thing about her own childhood. Left as an orphan, with no place to go. Only witches saved her from the demise of her biological mother's death.

Parents don't just abandon you for a reason, they still love their children no matter what, but some just don't know how to do their job well.

Beep. Beep!

Tabitha looked out the window to see a truck with a gentleman's hand waving to get in. On the side of the vehicle was the driver's name, Everett.

"Oh, he's here. Dana, please open the gates and let our guest in. I've been expecting him."

After the gates opened, Nevah zoomed right into their driveway. Once he got out of his vehicle, Tabitha greeted him.

"Dr. Everett, I presume."

Nevah nodded with glee. Many did not call him that even though he graduated with a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Archeology.

"Yes, I am, Miss Whittle. We talked over the phone the other day."

Tabitha nodded and was eager to see what she brought with him.

"Were you able to find it?" 

Nevah knew exactly what she was talking about and pointed to the truck's back compartment.

"It's in the back. And I propose that we should have a grand opening Miss Whittle with this great discovery. What do you think?"

"I don't think that's really a great idea Doctor."

And why not? I don't bite. Well, not anymore. And it's nice to see you again Tabitha!