8 "U" Turn

Part 8

Ratna was toasting on the bed, not getting sleep. Is it possible? Chotte liked Khushi instead of Lavanya? Did he see Khushi when she watering plants? Might be... he didn't even see Lavanya's pic before marriage. She should have sent Lavanya's pic to Arnav. It's her mistake. But how did she know that it will become a "blunter mistake" of her life?

She remembered him asking her,

"Don't you know before itself that Guptas have two daughters?"

That's why he lifted the veil to see the Bride's face on the marriage day, seeing Khush in front of him?

Did Chotte say ok, seeing Khushi? Did he misunderstand, Khushi as Lavanya? That's why he asked her about "Gupta's daughters"? That's why he is looking gloomy? What could she do now? Will her Chotte life be like this forever? Can't he be happy? She cried.

Whatever... Lavanya is her daughter-in-law. She has to work to get her close to Arnav. No choice. No one can change the truth of Arnav and Lavanya's marriage. No doubt, it will be the toughest phrase of Arnav's life to come out of Khushi like lively girl's thoughts. But he has a wife. He shouldn't think of anyone instead of his wife. She felt proud of her son. Even though he liked Khushi he is ready to accept life with Lavanya. That's what the value of her upbringing.

...........

Arnav got disturbed from his sleep as Lavanya's phone was ringing. It was 12'o clock.

Arnav (in sleepy voice): Lavanya.... Lavanya....

Nope, she was in deep sleep, it seemed. He took her mobile to switch it off. But stopped, seeing Khushi's name flashing. He sat on the bed. Why is she calling in this time? Is everything alright? He attended it swiftly. Before he asked anything,

Khushi: Happy Birth dayyyyyyy

She shouted. Arnav flinched. Is Lavanaya's birthday today?

Arnav: She is sleeping.

Khushi: Whaaaat.... Sleepyhead..... Turn the speaker on and keep the phone near her ear.

Arnav rolled his eyes and did what she said.

Khushi(shouting): Laaaaaaaa

La jerked in her sleep and sat on the bed shockingly. Arnav controlled his laughed seeing her expression. She looked at him like she was in an alien planet. Arnav passed the phone not turning off the speaker. She again jerked hearing Khushi...

Khushi: Why did you sleep....? Don't you know I will call you?

La: I thought you would be sleeping as you are going on a college trip.

Khushi: So what? I will sleep on the bus while traveling.

La: As if your friends will allow you to sleep.

Khushi: No one can stop me if I want to sleep. Don't you know?

La: Yup.

Khushi: By the way, happy birthday. I will be there to see you no matter how late I come.

La: I know. Anyhow you will come to see me today.

Khushi: That's great. Ask the Lard governor to take you on DATE. Or else today also that cynic will be sitting in the office. (Lavanya didn't look at Arnav nor did she turn the speaker off) Don't know how a man could be so rigid keeping loads of love inside him? (pause) Ok...Take care. See you tomorrow.

LA: Bye.

Khushi: Muaahhh... thousands of kisses..... Bye.

She disconnected the call.