9 The Truth

Part 9

Two hours later in Agra

Khushi was taking pic, posing with her friends, in front of TajMahal. She received a call from Shashi. She attended it.

Khushi (hopping happily): Dad... We are in front of Taj Mahal...

She stopped hearing Shashi. Her eyes brimmed. She fell down losing her consciousness. Her friend Anu took the mobile and spoke.

Anu: Uncle... Khushi fainted.... What happened uncle...?

Shashi(gulping): Lavanya died in an accident, beta.....

He burst out crying. Anu looked at Khushi who was lying on the floor. Students gathered around them. Anu conveyed the message to the HOD. She arranged a staff to take Khushi back to Delhi. Khushi's friends were also quit the trip and joined Khushi. They were not ready to send her alone as they knew how close Khushi and La were.

City Hospital

Arnav Singh Raizada was standing outside the mortuary of the city hospital. He was in extreme shock by the death of Lavanya. What shocked him more was her post-mortem report that she was pregnant. They got married just twenty days before. Even his nail tip didn't touch her. But, as per the post-mortem report, she was pregnant with forty-five days baby. What will be Guptas reaction if they get to know about it? He thought for a while about the consequences. Folding the post-mortem report, he kept it in his pocket.

Arnav saw, his mother and father rushing inside, searching for him. Ratna cried her heart out, hugging Arnav whereas Arvind couldn't hold his tears. They were shattered. Why not? After all, Arnav was their only son. He and Lavanya had been married for just twenty days.

Arnav didn't know how to console his parents. What would he say to console them? Would he get any word to console them?

They heard a loud shout of Garima who was zooming like a mad, shouting "Lavanyaaaaaa....." Shashi followed her, couldn't control her. In fact, he didn't have any intention to control her. After all, she is Lavanya's mother. Garima hugged Ratna crying.

Garima: Ratnaji.... My child is gone; leaving us... how joyfully I got her married... how many dreams... how many expectations.... I have lost her Ratnaji... She is gone, cheating on us Ratnaji....

Arnav raised his head hearing that. May be, Garima is right.

Shashi: Garima... compose yourself...

But she failed to control herself when Lavanya's body came out, completing the post-mortem, being tied with white cloth. Everyone burst out crying, falling on her body.

Garima: Aiyoooo.... What will I do...? Lavanya... what will I answer when your sister asks me about you? How will she see you like this? She will break down like anything. My child will break down, seeing her sister's lifeless body...

Garima lost her consciousness and Arnav rushed to the car to bring the water bottle.

Lavanya's body traveled to RM through ambulance. All the relatives have gathered except one... Lavanya's only sister... KHUSHI... They were waiting, for Khushi's arrival.

RM drowned into sadness. Everyone pitied for Lavanya's death as that day was Lavanya's birthday.

In between the entire heck, Arnav's concentration was on a particular person. ROHIT... Good looking and stylish guy. He was working like a family member, running here and there. Shashi was making him do the works rightfully.

Arnav was observing Rohit; who was looking at the watch and then the main entrance again and again. No doubt, he is expecting Khushi's arrival. He even inquired Shashi about it. Though Rohit looked well-mannered guy Arnav didn't like him.

All the attention went to the entrance of the RM, as the awaited person stepped in. Arnav observed Rohit's expression whose face became glowing instantly. Arnav gulped hard. Rohit's reaction, seeing Khushi confirmed something. He is not just her friend. He has special feelings for Khushi.

Khushi was getting inside with slow steps with horrible expression. It was visible, that her body was shivering. Her eyes delivered unbelievable stare. She was looking at Lavanya's body blankly. Neither she cried nor did she say anything. Her friends who came with her were looking at her shockingly. They knew how close Khushi and Lavanya were. Garima also got nervous. She thought Khushi will divide RM into two, by her cry. But nothing happened like that. Garima rushed to Khushi and tapped her cheek whose gaze was only on Lavanya.

Garima(crying): Khushi beta.... Say something.... See, Lavanya must be watching you from somewhere. She would expect you to cry. Don't be expressionless Khushi. Say something....Khushi....

She shook Khushi. But she was not reacting. People became panic seeing her.

Garima: Shashiji see my Khushi... ask her to say something. She will listen to you. I have already lost one daughter. I can't see my Khushi like this. (looking up) Hey Devi Maiya... don't you have mercy...? Why are you testing my children?

Ratna came to Khushi and slapped her making everyone shock. Khushi looked at her with the same shocking expression. Tears started rolling down from her eyes.

Ratna: Beta....

Khushi showed Lavanya's body to Ratna raising her index finger like a kid, saying...

Khushi: Lavanya....

Ratna hugged her crying.

Khushi broke the hug and rushed to Lavanya's body.

Khushi: Hey La... look at me. As I promised, I have come before your birthday got over. Look at me. Where is the watch I presented to you? Talk to me or else I will never talk to you.... I will never talk to you....

She sat on the floor and cried miserably. Ratna and Garima caressed her back, sitting beside her crying.

Khushi: Aunty, you were there when she demanded me to come. Right? (Ratna nodded yes spilling tears) Wake your lazy daughter-in-law up.

Garima cried hitting her forehead whereas Ratna hugged Khushi, crying. Arnav wiped his tears which are not in his control at all.

In between, all the Hungama, he couldn't stop his mind to think about Lavanya's post-mortem report.

Khushi looked at Arnav painfully. Arnav gulped hard. She cried looking at him feeling pity. Arnav closed his eyes and thought about the turning point which made his life upside down. Don't know how many turning points are there to make him shattered. The condition which he was facing is so horrible. He couldn't even share it with anyone. How pathetic?

Ratna fainted when Lavanya's body was taken from RM. Khushi rushed to the kitchen to bring water. Ratna didn't get her conscious even after sprinkled water on her face. So, the doctor was called to check her. Her blood pressure level had been raised erotically. Injection was given to her.

Lavanya's funeral got over. As a husband, Arnav had given fire to her body, to the girl who didn't even talk to him, as a wife... to the girl who he never loved... to the girl who was carrying someone's child...

Arnav came to his room to take a bath. He stood under the shower without removing his dress. Lavanya was pregnant. No one knows about it. Did Lavanya know that she is pregnant?

He lifted his head up, letting water fell on his face. He wiped the water. That's when his sight fell on the ventilator. The ventilator was being closed unusually. He stood on the small stool and opened it. When he hooked the door, his hand touched something there. He took it. His breath got caught on his lungs. He was bomb shelled seeing a pregnancy test device, with two RED lines.

To be continued....