28 Forgotten Task

Part28 

Arnav and Khushi got back to the room without any conversation, after Arnav's outburst. They didn't talk doesn't mean nothing was running in their mind. Khushi badly wanted to meet her parents. She wanted to lie down on her mother's lap and say everything about Lavanya whereas Arnav wanted to say the biggest truth of his life to Khushi that she is the one who he loved at first sight and about Lavanya's pregnancy. Khushi feels comfortable with him. This is the right time to share everything. She seems, sensitive. He should not hide anything from her anymore.

They came to the room. Khushi went to the washroom to wash her face as she felt her face dry whereas Arnav checked the mails on his phone. Khushi came out, wiping her face. Taking an Olive oil, she started applying it on her face, hands, and feet. At the same time, her phone started ringing.

Khushi: Arnavji... please check whose call is that.

Arnav removed her phone from her sling bag and saw Anu's name.

Arnav: Anu...

Khushi: Turn on the speaker and keep it on the table.

Arnav attended the call, turning on the speaker. Before Khushi spoke anything, Anu shouted.

Anu: Where the hell are you Khushi? Don't you have an idea to come to the college? You have to submit your project... Why are you so irresponsible Khushi?

Khushi was standing like a statue. How could she forget her work?

Anu: you said you will get a lot of time after your marriage and your husband also will help you. Did you forget everything?

Khushi: Haannn beta, I have forgotten everything. I was in some other tension you know?

Anu: You and your tension... Dragging all the small things into your head, you keep blabbering... Will you come or not?

Khushi: Yeah.... I will...

Anu: When?

Khushi: Monday...

Anu: Before that, complete the RECORD. You won't get an excuse from HITLER ma'am...

Khushi(sighing): but I have only two days...

Anu: Do one thing...

Khushi: What?

Anu: Run somewhere... far away from Hitler. Bye...

Khushi: Beta, wait...

The call got disconnected. Khushi sat on the couch, making face.

Something kicked on Arnav's head. How did he miss this sensitive issue? She is still studying. How could he distract her forgetting it? He removed his phone.

Arnav(on phone): Arrange our tickets for tonight...

Khushi: I'm sorry Arnavji...

Arnav: Hey relax...

Khushi: Actually I have...

Arnav(cutting her): forgotten in Lavanya's tension, right?

Khushi nodded yes pouting.

Arnav: Concentrate on your studies. Only two and a half months left for you to complete your graduation.

Khushi(in gauzy tone): I thought to meet Amma.

Arnav: To recite about Lavanya?

Khushi nodded yes.

Arnav: Don't do that Khushi...it won't be a wise decision. It will be the biggest blow to parents. Don't give them the punishment of the deed which they never did.