39 Birthday Party

Part 39 

"If you have guts, come and play chess with me"

Khushi challenged him openly. Arnav raised his eyebrows high folding his hands. She was so much sure of his losing. Doesn't she know he intentionally loses? Still, she threw an open challenge, expecting him to accept the challenge. But Arnav answered her coolly.

Arnav: Well, think whatever... I have no GUTS.

Khushi: Haannnnn....???? Won't you play with me?

Arnav: How many times will you make me lose? Show some mercy on me.

He said controlling his smile. Khushi amazed seeing his acting. Arnav casually laid on the bed, closing his eyes.

Arnav: I have a video conference in AR tomorrow morning. Good night.

Khushi also laid on the bed sighing.

Khushi: What conference?

Arnav: Foreign client conference.

Khushi: When will you go?

Arnav: Early in the morning.

Khushi: Wake me up when you go.

Arnav: Why....? you no need to wake up earlier. Ok?

Sighing, Khushi placed her head on his chest. Arnav wrapped her not wanting to disappoint her. She slept fast in the warmth of her husband.

Arnav's mobile beeped with a message tone. He checked it. The message was from Aman.

"Everything is done"

Arnav sent a reply.

"Good"

He slept peacefully after that.

Next Morning

Khushi didn't see Arnav as he left RM before she wakes up. Khushi got ready for the college. She planned to go to Anu's Birthday party, directly from the college. Selecting a Good dress from her collection, she went to the washroom.

Getting fully ready, she came down. After admiring her for a while, Ratna took kohl from the corner of her eyes. She kept it behind Khushi's ear.

Ratna: To keep all the BAD eyes away from you.

Khushi: Am I looking good?

Ratna: Gorgeous. Chotte is not lucky enough to see you.

Khushi nodded yes pressing her lips.

Ratna: Let's have your breakfast.

Khushi: Did you have, Amma?

Ratna: Not yet.

Khushi: Then have with me. I won't be coming for dinner tonight.

Ratna: It's fine. Enjoy the party in fullest.

Khushi: Hmm...

Ratna: What are you going to gift to Anu?

Khushi: Handbag...

Ratna: Did you buy?

Khushi: No Amma, going to...

Ratna: Ok, call Chotte when you start from the party. He will pick you.

Khushi: Ok Amma.

They shared a formal hug. On the way to the college, she bought a handbag for Anu. Khushi was left in the college by Mohan. Anu didn't come to the college that day. She had been informed it to her friends the previous day itself.