21 Mumbai Trip

Part 21 

GH

Shashi saw Sheetal's marriage invitation on the tea table. Garima gave him coffee. He took the invitation while sipping the coffee.

Shashi: Whose wedding invitation is this?

Garima: Lavanya's friend Sheetal.

Shashi: Ohh...

Garima: She is unaware of her demise...

Shashi: Mmm... Do you want to go?

Garima: I think yes.

Shashi: Ok, we will go.

Garima: Shall we take Khushi with us?

Shashi thought for a while...

Shashi: Why not we send Arnav and Khushi?

Garima was glad as she wanted the same.

Garima: But...

Shashi: Situation didn't permit us to send them to honeymoon as we don't know Arnav's mind. Let them go. It will give them space alone.

Garima: You are right. But Arnav would be free...

Shashi: I will talk to him.

Garima(happily): Ok...

AR

Arnav entered his cabin, finishing a client meeting. He drank water and leaned on the seat. When he straightened himself, the phone demanded his attention by ringing.

"Father-in-law" was flashing on the phone screen. His face wore a smile. Shashi Gupta's talk always gives a pleasant feel to him. It's very rare to get such a relationship nowadays... he attended the call.

Arnav: Hello Uncle...

Shashi: How are you, young man?

Arnav: Yeah... doing well.

Shashi: I hope Khushi is not disturbing you too much...?

Arnav (smiling): Not at all, uncle...

Shashi(surprisingly): Really? But how? She won't sit without doing something for a while. It would be a punishment for her if she keeps herself quite. She keeps blabbering always...

Arnav: Yeah... but it's not disturbing me though.

Shashi(gladly): I'm so relieved...

Arnav: I think you miss Khushi and her blabbers a lot...

Shashi: Undoubtedly... She is not a kind of girl who drowns in social media ignoring the world around her. She keeps engaging her people and makes them feel her absence.

He is so right. She makes people search for her.

Arnav: Do you want her to stay in GH?

Shashi: No no... we will get used to it. We have to... it's obvious for all the girl's parents.

Arnav felt the helplessness in his words. It's a bitter truth. Every girl's parents have to face the stage.

Shashi: Actually, I called you to ask you something.

Arnav: Yes uncle...

Shashi: Lavanya's best friend is getting married. She sent her marriage invitation as she doesn't know about Lavanya's demise. Could you attend the marriage with Khushi?

Arnav was stuck. If she is Lavanya's friend, then the marriage would not be in Delhi. Going somewhere with Khushi? That will be interesting.

Shashi: I have an important deal to finalize. Or else I and Garima will attend the marriage. I'm unable to spend two days as the marriage is going to held in Mumbai.