Nineteen

Nirvana

For the next 2 weeks  I couldn't be close to Pansy, so I had to sleep in the boys dormitory, which was something the other guys didn't like. But Draco was the prince of Slytherin, and he always got his way, same with me since I was the princess of Slytherin.

Draco shook me awake and I groaned into Blaises pillow not wanting to get up. "Nirvana get up!" I groaned once more and moved my head just a tiny bit to get a glance of the blonde haired and grey eyed boy.

"I'm tired Draco!"

"I wonder why."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of staying up all night reading a 500 paged book. "IT'S THE WEEKEND!" I called out trying to ignore his words.

"That's not an excuse for being lazy!" Draco laughed, I smiled into the pillow and got up wipping the crust of my eyes. Draco looked at me with a smile, and I threw him a suspicious look.

I looked out the window and sighed at the fallen leaves. "I can't believe it's almost the end of October, not that long ago it was September!" I chuckled, Draco sat down beside me and nodded in agreement.

"Also, you probably haven't heard about this but they're hosting a Halloween dance." Draco smirked, I looked at him with my eyes wide open.

"Are you serious?" I laughed, Draco nodded and he smiled as a blush spread across my face. I didn't go to the Yule ball fourth year since I didn't have a date, because Cedric and I were taking a break, so getting another dance fifth year, was something I was really looking forward to.

The door opened and closed, and Draco and I turned to see who it was. "What are you guys so cheery about?" Blaise asked taking off his robe, Draco and I looked at each other and back at Blaise.

"Draco here," I pointed at Draco. "says that there's gonna be a Halloween dance this year." I said with even a bigger smile. Blaise sighed and gave me a sad look.

"I'm gonna miss it." Blaise said sitting down beside me, my heart ached. If Blaise missed the dance, that meant I wouldn't have a date, unless I asked Oliver Wood, but I don't think he liked dances.

"Oh nooo, why?" I asked getting closer to Blaise, he sighed and looked at me in the eye as he grabbed my hands.

"My mom's getting married again."

Draco and I looked at each other, and back at Blaise. "AGAIN!?" We yelled with a drop of surprise in our voices. Blaise nodded and I sighed.

Blaises mom was famous for getting married often, she had just married a man a couple of months ago, and she was getting married AGAIN. It was completely insane.

The two stood up and left the dormitory without another word. I sighed and thought about the Halloween dance, and how I wouldn't be able to attend it. I mean, I was an independent woman who could just attend the dance one their own, but I was also afraid to be lonely.

I dragged myself out of bed and took a long shower before putting on my uniform and making Blaises bed.

Neville

Word about the Halloween dance spread around the school like wild fire. Everywhere I went a guy was asking out a girl, a girl asking out a guy or a guy asking out a guy or a girl asking out a girl.

I sighed and sat down in the library looking at Nirvana. She walked around the library with a serious look on her face as she searched for new books to add to her favorites collection.

"Just ask her, Blaise will be gone by the time the dance comes around so you'll have her as date!" Ginny said sitting down next to me. She was right, but I was too scared to ask her, she was Slytherin and I was Gryffindor, she was best friends with Malfoy and dating Blaise Zabini. We were friends, but there was no way in hell Malfoy would let me get close to her without sending Crabbe and Goyle to do something awful to me.

Hermione sat down on my other side and slammed some dusty books on the table, the dust instantly making us cough, catching Nirvana's attention.

Her blue eyes lit up and she walked towards us with a smile. "Hey Neville!" She said happily, she greeted Ginny and Hermione but I only focused on the way she said my name. Neville. Neville, Neville, Neville.

"Did you hear about the dance?" Ginny blurted out, my heart sunk like the Titanic! I wasn't ready to have a conversation about the dance with Nirvana just yet.

"Yeah, Malfoy told me this morning." She said sitting down in front of me, her long legs touching my skin. Just the touch of her made butterflies dance in my stomach.

I sighed at the thought, Malfoy was dating Pansy, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't ask Nirvana out to the dance. Just like he didn't bother to kiss her when she was getting with Blaise.

"Neville needs a date." Hermione said resting her chin on her palm. Nirvana raised her brows and smiled, she seemed happy, but I was gonna BARF!

Nirvana smirked and rested her chin on her palm as well, her fingers playing with her soft red lips. "Oh really?" She smirked. "I need a date too," she turned to look at me. Bloody hell. "perhaps you'd like to come with me?"

My heart beat like never before, of course I was going to say yes! She was asking me, I had to, I couldn't give up her offer. "YES!" I yelled, I  put my hand in a fist and brought up to my mouth as I cleared my throat. "I mean, yes."

"Good! Can't wait to see you next week."

She stood up with a smile on her face and she rushed out of the library. "See? That wasn't so bad." Ginny said putting her hand on my shoulder, I smiled and nodded in agreement. It really wasn't so bad.