Twenty Nine

Nirvana

Christmas break was the worst, I discovered I had fire powers which I really didn't want to have. What if people were right? What if I was really a monster?

I sat down in potions next to Draco and put my hands on my face. "Are you alright?" He whispered in my ear. Oh yeah, he doesn't know I saw him dancing with Ehrins half cousin on New Years yet. I was pretty over the incident, but it still hurt to watch him dance with someone who was not me.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Why the hell did I even care? He was with Pansy... I stopped to think about him being with Pansy, and all the times we kissed, and all the times he called me 'Dear' and 'Darling' while still being with her.

"You cheating cockroach!" I gasped looking at him, Draco gave me a confused look along with the entire class. "You-" I groaned at the thought, I was furious, but I had to calm myself down before my hands lit up on fire.

He made me forget he was dating Pansy, but did he do it intentionally or did he forget as well? I sighed and put my head down as I waited for Professor Snape to burst through the door.

"Nirvana what are yo- Oh."

His voice sounded sad, it kind of made me feel bad for calling him out in class. "Listen, I was just waiting you and she asked me to dance. That was all." Draco said in my ear. "I promise."

I didn't want to run back to him, but it was impossible. His voice was so convincing and his soft breath against my skin made my heart race, and butterflies dance in my stomach.

I slowly looked up at him, and he had his famous smirk splattered on his face. I sighed and sat up with my shoulders back and my head up high.

"We still need to discuss something after class though." I said sassily, Draco nodded and put his hand on my lap, but I moved it away. "Not till we talk after class Malfoy."

Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me aside in the hall after class

Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me aside in the hall after class. He looked into my eyes and leaned against the wall. "What'd you want to discuss?" He asked with his arms crossed over his chest, his fingers drumming against his arm as he waited for me to spit it out.

"What happened between can't happen again, you're with Pansy and no matter how much I hate her I just- I don't think it's right." I said sadly, I didn't want what we had to end. He was my escape, he took me places just by sitting next to me.

He grabbed my hand and looked deeply into my eyes.