Thirty Eight

Nirvana

I sat down beside Draco and smiled as he put his hand on my lap. I moved closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder to make my parents even more mad than they already were.

We got our orders ready waitress came up to us and took our orders and left quickly. "There's no need for you to do that." My dad said glaring at me.

"And there's no need for you to plan a marriage that I don't even want." I clapped back, my dad groaned and ran his fingers through his hair.

"You've never had a problem with you getting an arranged marriage, so why now?"

"Because I opened my eyes and realized that it's what you want, not what I want. Besides, I love Draco not whoever you want me to marry." I said, my parents looked down in disappointment and I scoffed and got up from the table.

My mom looked up and glared at me, "Where do you think you're going?" She asked, I didn't even bother to turn around, I didn't want to see the face of the person who was trying to ruin my life.

"Home." I said with a shaky voice. A tear rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away as the sound of my heels hitting the marble floor filled my ears.

"Excuse me." I heard Draco say, and seconds later there were footsteps behind me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back making face him.

Draco

Her eyes were red along with her face, "Darling don't cry, everything's alright." I whispered as I rubbed my thumb back and forth against her cheek.

"Is it really though? They're making me marry someone I do not love Draco!"

I gently wiped her tears away and embraced her. Why were her parents making it so hard on her? Couldn't they understand that, that wasn't what she wanted?

"We'll figure this out, I promise. They will not get to fuck around like that with your life dear."

————
Nirvana

Draco and I walked down the woods of my parents country house hand in hand, planning what we wanted to do for our birthdays. Draco was just an hour and a half older than me, growing up we always celebrated our birthdays together, Elizah my twin sister didn't like that since she was repulsed by Draco, but since I had a crush on him I didn't really mind.

"Chocolate cake or vanilla?" I asked looking down at my feet with a smile, I already knew what he was going to choose, but I always asked him that question just to see if his love for chocolate would ever change.

"Chocolate, gosh!" Draco laughed, his British accent making me instantly blush. His voice always did something to me, and I hated but loved him for him.

"I was thinking a Yellow theme for the party." I joked around, Draco hated the color yellow he always said I looked better in it than he did.

"Noooooo, please don't do that!"

"I was just messing with you."