Twenty Two

Draco

After lunch was over, everyone was outside hanging out with their friends, jumping in leaves etc. but I was waiting in the Common Room for Nirvana.

As I waited all I could think about was how heart broken she was when I said I had to let go of her, I didn't actually leave, I was hiding in a corner watching everything happen. I hated myself for hurting her like that, but it was for the best, there was no way in hell I would let anyone physically or mentally hurt her, she'd been through enough in her life.

Nirvana ran down the stone stairs with her hair in her face. I stood up and ran up to her, she tried getting away, but I grabbed her each time she tried pushing past me.

"Hey hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly, I put my finger under her chin and slowly lifted her head up to make her face me. With my other hand I grabbed the hair from her face and put it behind her ear.

She looked heart broken, her eyes were red and her eyes were puffy. Nirvana gulped and threw herself at me.

I put my arms around her and rubbed her back and let her cry

I put my arms around her and rubbed her back and let her cry. "What happened dear?" I asked, with a worried expression wiped on my face.

Nirvana shook her head and dug her face even deeper into my shoulder. "Blaise died Draco, he's gone!" She blurted out, both the pain in her voice, and my best friend dying making my heart drop.

The tears came up before I could even process in my mind that Blaise was dead. I tried holding back the tears, but they came like a waterfall. And as much as I wanted to ask Nirvana what happened, I couldn't, I didn't want to put any more pressure on her shoulders, so all I could do was tell her everything was gonna be ok.

"It's alright my dear, you're alright

"It's alright my dear, you're alright."

My voice cracked, I was trying my best to be strong for her even though it was hard. Very hard. My heart ached, it was as if it was being pocked by a thousand needles, and the sobs of the girl I loved made the pain worse.

"He's in a better place now darling." I said trying to comfort her, but nothing helped, and nothing was going to help. She just lost her boyfriend, one of the guys she grew up with, one of the guys she shared almost every moment of her life with, one of the guys who always held her back from her rubbish ideas.