Thirty Nine

Nirvana

Our birthday was finally there, and no matter how happy I felt, there was still a pinch of sadness in my day and it was all because of Elizah. We were supposed to celebrate our birthdays together, the three of us, we were supposed to turn 16 together.

I was looking at myself in my bedroom mirror as I did my hair, when I saw the exact image of me stand behind me. "Elizah?" I said turning around to get a better look of my sister, she wasn't the little girl I was expecting her to be, she looked the same age as me.

"Hey there." She whispered with a smile on her face, I smiled and let all my tears fall as I hugged her tight. Elizah wrapped her arms around me and kissed the top of my head. I missed her so much, 10 years was a long time without seeing my twin sister.

"We should- It's all my fault." I sobbed, Elizah shushed me and ran her fingers through my hair as he chin tickled my back when she shook her head.

"No, no, don't say that. Never say that. Don't blame yourself for something I did to myself." Elizah said, I pulled away from the hug and looked into her blue eyes.

"What are you talking about?"

"I threw myself off the boat on purpose, I know we were 6 but I was- I had suicidal thoughts."

I never in my life would've thought Elizah Rosalie Giannina could have depression, specially at such a young age. I didn't want to seem arrogant but she had everything, everything I didn't have she had, she was favorite so why was she so depressed? My parents gave her everything she wanted, she didn't have to ask twice because she would already have it in her hands, but maybe I was wrong after all. Maybe she didn't have everything after all, she didn't have something, something that she needed the most. But what could that be?

"But why?" I asked, I didn't want to get into her personal business but I was really curious to know why she did what she did.

Elizah sighed and led me toward my bed, we sat down and I wiped my tears away as I moved closer to her. "Mom, Draco, but mostly bullying." I threw her confused look. "You were always the prettier sister, we're twins, but people always thought you were the prettier one. You were so thin, and I was so...thick. You had this- this- and you still have beautiful soft brown hair and this scent that made everyone just love you. Draco being one of them." My mind was spinning, did she really think I was all that? "And everyday at school people would bully me, while you lived your day was all rainbows and sunshines." Elizah said.

"Hey, that's not true or fair." I scoffed, "My day was not all rainbows and sunshines, I had to put up with mom. She was so hard on me you have no-" Elizah scoffed and stood up and glared at me.

"Mom was not hard on you, you just never wanted to listen!"

"We had different lives Elizah, now get over it!"

She tried to slap me across the face, but her hand went right through me. "Elizah don't." I heard Blaises voice say, I stood up and smiled when I saw him standing by my door.

My head snapped toward Elizah and I shook my head in disappointment, "I spent my entire life blaming myself for something that was not even my fault, and when I finally realize it you get mad at me and try to hit me?" I said taking a step closer to her. Why would she do that? I never did anything to her, ever, all I ever did was love her and she was blaming me because of something I had no control over?

"Fuck you, leave."

"Vana no I-"

She disappeared into thin air, and I sighed in relief, "Not every spirit out there is good, and that's why I'm here. To guide you." Blaise said softly, I smiled at him and walked back to my vanity and sat down in front of the mirror.