Thirty Four

Nirvana

It was, finally Valentine's Day, and people rushed around the school to give people presents. It was pretty fun at first, you know? To have people around the school finally be happy, but it was pretty annoying when they started to shove everyone around them.

"This is a mess." I groaned sitting down beside Draco at the Grand Hall, he nodded and smirked when girls one after another stopped at our table to drop off chocolates.

"It's not that bad, you see?" He held up one of the heart shaped boxes, "I get candy out of it, candy that will probably last me till November." Draco said sweetly as he smiled down at the boxes.

I playfully pushed him and I smiled at him, "But you know you're probably gonna eat them all tonight." I laughed, Draco smiled and pushed me making me nearly fall of the bench, but I felt cold arms push me back up. I didn't dare turn around to see who it was, but I knew it wasn't Blaise, and that scared me since everyone gave me a weird look as I was being put back in my seat.

"Oh cool, you can see spirits." Blaise said happily, I spit out my pumpkin juice and everyone turned to give me a disgusted look.

"I can see what?" I mumbled with greeted teeth as I cleaned up the mess I made, Blaise groaned and face palmed himself.

"Ghosts dear, you can see ghosts."

I felt like passing out, or throwing up or anything. I wanted to have a dramatic reaction to what Blaise had said, but instead I sat there in shock.

"Is that why I saw Cedric at the library yesterday?" I whispered, and Blaise nodded in response.

"Are you ok?" Draco whispered in my ear, I turned to look at him and nodded, even though I really wasn't ok.

I didn't want to see ghosts, I wanted to be normal again. I wanted to have a normal eye sight, seeing ghosts would be traumatizing..

I walked down the hall with my head low, the day was almost over and Draco hadn't done anything for me, I would've done something for him but what was the point of it if girls were already spamming him with presents

"Vana?" I turned around and looked up at Neville, I smiled at him, and he smiled back. "I uh-" He looked down at a rose  he was holding.

"Is that  for me?" I asked softly, he nodded and gave it to me. "Thank you so much N." I whispered as I embraced him.

Someone cleared their throat behind us, and Neville and I let go of each other and I turned around to look at the person.

"Hey." Draco said holding a bouquet of Roses. "I got these for you." Draco said handing them out to me, I smiled and turned around to talk to Neville, but he had vanished.