xxii

mild manga spoilers!

chapter xxii: the paths

 The Special Ops squad hurried over to where Commander Erwin was

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The Special Ops squad hurried over to where Commander Erwin was. They listened to the sound of hooves to find where the crowd went.

Whilst traveling, they couldn't keep their mind off of what they just saw a few minutes back. White wings, ice, and fire emitting from one's palms.

It scared them to think that a human can possess such powers—was (Name) even human?

Levi saw a few zipping figures and knew it was his squad. "Eld!" He yelled at the first person who came into view.

Eld snapped away from his thoughts when he heard his captain's voice. "Captain?" He asked.

They landed on a tree branch that fit the four of them. Levi first noticed their silence, "what happened? Did Eren—"

"Captain." Petra intervenes. "What exactly is happening here? We all saw (Name) die in the hands of the female titan—the first time!" She exclaimed loudly, her voice cracking in confusion and anger.

"Then we saw her die AGAIN after making a large—" she stopped herself and her arms move around, trying to accentuate her next words. "—ice wall that killed titans!"

Olou and Eld were dead confused as well, but they let Petra express their words toward their captain.

Petra point behind her, tears now brimming the corners of her eyes. "If not for her, we wouldn't be alive right now! She has wings, captain!" She exclaimed.

"Where is she—"

"For the third time," Petra cuts him off. "She's dead."

Levi, without wasting any time, zipped toward where they left Annie, Eren, and (Name). His grip on his maneuver gear tightened as he felt the rumblings of the forest grounds. His eyes fixated on the moving figures beyond him. He knew which one was Eren and which one is the Female Titan, but as much as he moves his eyes around, he can't find (Name) anymore on the trees.

When he hooked his wires toward the female titan, this accelerated his movement forward but as he tried to slice her nape, everything went in slow motion as he briefly saw a tattered body on the ground.

Levi looked down, staring at the bloody body underneath him. (Name) lay on the ground with her body lying sideways against the tree. It was as if she was a cockroach killed by a person very scared of insects. I'll leave the body to your imagination.

He fell silent as he blinked hard. He'll admit, (Name) was a very powerful asset to the survey corps. He wouldn't mind calling her a friend if it comes to that point, but the main reason he's pissed and dejected was that he hoped she could save him from the cruelty of this world.

He thought she could bring vengeance for the people inside the walls.

Levi's hope spilled all into (Name) for he found her as a good vessel for it. It seems like he was wrong.

What he doesn't understand right now is his anger. Why does he feel so mad? But peaceful at the same time?

As Levi contemplates his feelings, Eren punches the female titan hard. She fell on her back and he sat on top of her.

Eren took too long thinking about his faults and planning his revenge by killing every single titan , giving the female titan a chance to counteract his attack. They stood up and prepared to fight again. Hardening her fists, she punched Eren.

He hid behind a thick tree, hoping that if she blows another punch, it would protect him. However, when her hardened fists made contact with the tree, not only did it slice it fully, but it also sliced Eren's attack titan's face.

The upper part of his face flew to the side and Eren stood frozen in shock. Taking this opportunity, the female titan chomped Eren in her mouth.

Mikasa, who desperately tried to find Eren, saw Levi standing next to (Name)'s dead body instead. She watched as he stood there, lifeless, next to (Name). She didn't understand what happened, and she didn't want to understand.

Looking forward, there she saw the female titan eat Eren. "Give him back!!"

--

"Yo." Someone called beside her.

(Name) tried to lift her eyelids, but they were just too heavy. The thought of trying to lift her eyelids shocked her. Wait? I'm alive?

"Not quite. Maybe?" The voice answered. "I don't know. You tell me. Do you want to die, feel like dying or still alive?"

Trying to connect all her senses to her brain, she felt a grainy terrain underneath her. She knew she was lying on sand without seeing it. After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and knew exactly where she was--where they were.

"Keeper?" She called.

"Call me Keif," he said. His horn retreating back from his forehead and his eyes turning to a lighter shade of red. "I assume you know where we are?"

"Paths." (Name) answered shortly. "Some sort of land where memories of the titan shifters lie."

"You are correct," Keif walked toward (Name) with a hand outstretched. She took it and he helped her up. "But it's also a gate to the afterlife."

(Name) froze upon hearing what he said. "The afterlife?" She asked. "I'm dead."

"Not quite," Keif repeated. "The thing with devil incarnates is they can't really die unless all their sins and contracts are annulled. And even after that, they can't really go to this afterlife."

(Name) stood still, staring at the bright beacon of light beyond them. But staring a little bit longer, it wasn't a beacon of light, but a large tree illuminating itself.

"Then why am I--" She stopped herself when she felt a few more presence around them. (Name) snapped her neck behind her and saw Zeke chained down the light covered soil. "Beast?"

Zeke looked up, meeting eyes with a foreign person. He, at first, was very confused as to who (Name) and Kief was. "Who are you?" He asked with a weakened voice. "How did you--"

He stopped himself when devilish wings sprout out of Kief's back and a pair of horns sprout out from (name)'s head. She was unconscious of this fact, but only noticed when she felt her head heavier.

"You're here to see Ymir." Kief continues. "See if she can annul the contract and with that, you'll return to your own world and the world of titans will cease to exist. "

Zeke saw and heard the two, and there he knew devils really do exist.

「—————✌︎︎————— 」
Yo 🤨