xii

chapter xii: what is happening?

Rico, Mikasa and Armin went in to retrieve Eren from his titan form

Rico, Mikasa and Armin went in to retrieve Eren from his titan form. Hooking Armin's arm under Erens, he tried to pull him out. "He's fused to the carcass! I can't work him free!"

"Then we cut." Rico's simple words worried Mikasa.

"Wait, We don't know what it might do!" Without waiting for any form of answer, Rico sliced the muscles out of Eren—which made him and Armin fall to the ground.

A shadowed overcasts them as Armin snapped his neck behind him. Two titans peering over them with large grins.

"Eren! Armin!" Mikasa cried and ran, but before she could even kill the titans, someone did it for them.

With the spinning figure, Levi swiftly slices the napes of the two titans with ease. It was so fast that the eyes of the four couldn't keep up.

Levi landed on top of the titan, ready for his entrance phrase. He looked over his shoulders, "let's get this over with."

--

Afterwards, thanks to the coordinated efforts of the Scout Regiment and the Garrison Regiment's Corps of Engineers, Wall Rose once against stood as a bulwark against the titan hordes.

It was a full day's work dispatching the titans who remained corralled withing Trost's perimeter, during which the wall-mounted cannons fired ceaselessly.

Most of the titans neared the wall were wiped out by explosive shells. The few that remained once the smike cleared were summarily cut down by the Scout Regiment.

During the so-called clean up operation, two titans, a 4 meter and a 7 meter were captured alive and successfully restrained.

However, all told. 206 were either dead or missing and 897 were counted among the injured. So while the reclamation of Trost represented the first true victory for humanity in its fight against titans, too many soldiers had fallen for celebration to be in order.

"W-What is this thing?" Sasha stared at the big, fleshy boulder in front of her.

It was transprent red, fully encasing and showing the dead human bodies inside. It was also covered in saliva, which reeked with godawfule smell.

"Left over titan vomit." One answered. "Apparently, they don't have a digestive tract, so once they've had their fill of people, they upchunck them like hairballs."

Sasha's face froze as she stared at the titan vomit. It hurts to see all the people inside, and as much as she didn't want to call it, it was also very disgusting.

On the other side of things, (Name), Levi and Erwin gathered in front of Eren's cell. Erwin sat on a chair, anticipating a long conversation. Levi leaned on a wall with arms crossed and (Name) stood next to him.