ix

chapter ix: hands in blue flames.

Reiner froze on his tracks. "We have to talk later, (Name)."

"Sure."

Reiner's eyes widened. He didn't expect her to comply easily with his demand. He watched (Name) leave the room with two heavy wooden boxes in hand—as if it was nothing!

"Oi, Reiner! What a gentleman you are! Letting (Name) carry all the boxes!" Bertholdt laughed while pointing at (Name) with his thumb.

"Just shut up. Let's get thus over with." Bertholdt shuddered at Reiner's reply. It was so cold and distant, so he took a step back. "Geez dude. Did something happen inside?"

Reiner kissed his teeth and pulled Bertholdt away from the group. When they got in a good distance, Reiner lets go of Bertholdt's arm, "Reiner. What happened? This is suspicious."

"(Name). She knows everything. She knows about Marley and the nine titans."

Bertholdt froze because he felt a chill creep on his spine. "She-she-she what?" he stutered.

"Yes. I'm not going to repeat it. We have to be extra cautious around her. And make sure not to provoke her or else.." Reiner continues to give Bertholdt warnings but Bertholdt was just staring at (Name).

(Name) was crouched on the ground while talking to Armin and Marco about the plan to re-take the supply room. Why didn't she reveal anything? Why is she still acting like this towards us if she knew what we did?

Even thought Bertholdt couldn't hear what she was saying, he was certain that it wasn't about the two of them.

Why? Bertholdt kept asking hinself.

"...So don't. We don't know if she is a shifter, herself but we'll talk to her later."

Bertholdt, who pretended to listen to his Reiner, nodded. "Did she tell you how she knew?"

"No."

"Let's talk to her later."

--

Tha carry was lowered and soldiers released fire. 7 soldiers who were skilled with the gear were stationed to kill the blinded four meter titans.

However, Sasha and Connie, who were unable to reach the Titans' weak spot, were saved by Mikasa and Annie by killing those titans completely.

When the mission was a success, everybody proceeded to fill their gas tanks and replace their dull swords with new ones.

(Name) took her brown, ripped dirty jacket off, "Ey, Connie." She called. Connie looked up and saw the sharp piercing glare (Name) gave him.

He hesitated to follow her, 'what if it was about earlier? What if it's the fact that I missed the target? Is she going to kill me? Is she going to—'