xix

chapter xix: the call

Eren's eyes wouldn't stop producing waterworks—so did Petra's

They literally just saw the female titan swat (Name) like a fly. Her blood on the hands of the thing currently chasing them.

Levi tried to suppress his shock and anger by clenching his jaw. Crying was not in his vocabulary, but it was starting to etch in his book.

Even after that, he knew he had to proceed as planned. After the constant demands of Eren to transform, he kept his cool and proceeded with his speech that the author was too lazy to write.

Trust. It's all about trust right?

Eren couldn't hold in his anger, so he screamed. His grip on his reins tightened and his eyes wouldn't stop producing waters. His screams came out in different tones, as he remembered the times he and (Name) spent together.

Petra was shaking, and so were the others in Levi's team. "Captain," she called. Levi glanced at her but for a moment there, he saw little tears brimming the corners of his eyes. He was waiting for a reply, but Petra was too shocked to move her mouth.

"She'll be fine." Was all that came out of Levi.

The group looked at him weirdly. They just saw the female titan swat the lady toward the massive tree forest. Olou even caught a glimpse of her body snapping in half--oh how he wanted to forget that.

Olou, Gunther and Eld were never close with (Name). The longest conversation they had was months ago when they asked if (Name) knew anything about Eren's sudden transformation.

They found her easy-going, filled with laughs and smiles, and they figured out how their Captain liked her--upon connecting the dots such as catching him staring at the lady from time to time, talking to her more often than his squad, and tolerating her attitude toward him.

She was a nice kid, but sadly she's gone.

Gunther stares at his captain's flowing cape instead of the road ahead of him. He didn't know why his captain was acting like this. If he were in his shoes and he just saw the girl he likes  get killed in the hands of a titan, he'd rampage and go for the kill to avenge her.

One thing glazed his mind, 'did Captain Levi really like the girl? Or are we just seeing things?'

He turns to face a few of his squadmates to see if they're thinking of the same thing, but all he saw were distressed faces. Petra crying and Eren's mouth opened as if he ran out of screams. 'One thing for sure this teenager likes her.'

Eren tilts his head back and saw the Female Titan just a few strides away from them. He couldn't help but get angry, but he was given orders to not act on his emotions and trust his team and captain. '...we lose so much of our comrades yet everyone's chosen to keep moving forward. Captain Lavi is staring straight ahead as if (Name) was nothing to him..!' He thought angrily as he sent glares on Levi's back.