s2 xxxvi

s2 xxxvi: devil of all earth.

"What are you doing?" Asks the boy to a girl who crouched down on the dry gravel

The girl held a marker and stared at the colony of ants in front of her. Her left hand on top her knees that sat close to her chest. The boy could only watch her.

"Look at them," the girl answers without glancing at the boy. "Why don't they step out of the circle? It's not gonna kill them." As she said those words, she thickens the mark on the gravel.

"Well," the boy sits next to her. "As long as they see you towering over you, writing over the walls, they won't dare step out."

"They don't know that." She replies. "What if I give them food? What if I reward them for their courage of stepping out?—"

"One's out!" The girl was cut off when the boy screams and point to the courageous ant that stepped out of the red circle.

"What were you saying? They just needed to see you distracted so they can esca—"

"But what if I killed them for stepping out the circle?" The girl's tone changed. "I put the walls to keep them safe from whoever and whatever can kill them outside of those boundaries."

"Well, they need to roam. And nothing's going to kill them as soon as they step out of the circl—" then again, the boy was cut off when the girl pushed him slightly to the ground.

Placing his hands on the ground to keep his balance, he skid is slightly which made him wince a bit.

"Look. You just killed it." The girl stood up, not breaking any eye contact. Her whole mood changed from someone you think was just playing with ants — a harmless girl, to someone who feels like gives death itself.

This scared the boy. So much that he was frozen in place and his limbs clenched and shook. No one else gave him the chills like this. Heck! He thought these kind of mood and energy only existed in movies.

"Ants are very interesting species. They have the physical power, but not the right mental capacity." She started to laugh, "look they died so easily!"

"You're crazy!" The boy yelled. "You take care of ants then you kill them?!"

"I killed it?" She asked. "Who's the one who sat on it?"

"That's because you pushed me!"

"Still, you killed them."

"You used me!"

"Obviously."

The boy was about to knock some senses to her when a voice called out for her name.

"(Name)! Come back inside! The nuns made food!"

The boy looked over her shoulders to see another boy by the doorframe of a church. He was also still a kid, but relatively taller than the girl and him so maybe a few years older than them.