i

chapter i: the fall

Today was the last day of suffering

Today was the last day of suffering. Last day waking up very early and it's the last day of school!

Don't take it wrong, school was nice to you. You weren't bullied or anything, it was pretty normal—just make sure to not stick your nose somewhere you know you can get in trouble.

After 4 years in highschool, you pretty much figured out how to mind your own business. With this skill, no one ever bothered or messed with you.

"(Y/n)!" a voice called behind you, "plans for tonight? You know, party?" It was Becka. She was in your Math class. You two weren't exactly the closest of friends, but you two were a bit talkative during that certain period.

"I'd have to pass, Becka. Thanks for the invite though." You replied while packing your stuff. It went quiet so you thought Becka left.

You released an exhale of relief while you  closed your locker door, but was surprised  when you saw Becka still leaning on the wall of lockers next to you.

She grabbed your arms, "Aww. How come? Come on! It's gonna be the party of the year!" Becka exclaimed while jumping up and down in excitement.

"I made plans with someone already, Becka. Maybe we can catch up over the summer? When we're all free?" You said as you sling your bag unto your shoulder.

Becka pouted, "I hope this someone can make you happy tonight more than Jake Billy's party." She said and winked at you.

I rolled my eyes at her, "Now, what was that supposed to mean?" you asked with a raised brow. You gave her a grin as if asking her to spill.

"Nothing. Nothing. Just if ever you get bored tonight, I'll send you the address the second you ask me for it."

You smiled at her, "appreciate it, Becka. See you!" you bid your goodbyes and hugged. You walked down the crowded hallways, all heading towards the school's exit.

Looking over to the right, you saw toilet paper thrown at the lockers, test papers or school work in general scattered around the halls.

You chuckled, 'I sure would miss this place.' you thought. Not the work, you would miss the fun people you hung out with and the troubles you guys used to make.

You exited the school building and headed off to your parked car, just to see a boy leaning on it. Shaking your head, you walked towards him, "what's the deal, Mark?"

"So, are you going to Jake's party tonight? Heard it'll be the party of the century." He asked as he backs away from your car.

"I have plans." You answered while getting on your car. You inserted the keys and started the engines, giving itself a cool roar. You brought the windows down and looked at him, "what you still doin' here?"